Timberline XL Bluetooth Connectivity and grill reboot

DKrics

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline XL
I was cooking chicken breasts last night. Temp set for 350. Suddenly, the bluetooth Meater probe lost connection. I tried to reconnect by choosing the probe in the menu, but it wouldn't connect. Moments later, the grill rebooted! I had to reset the temp to 350 and reignite. Magically, the grill found the thermometer and reconnected, only to automatically disconnect 10 minutes later.
This makes me very hesitant to use the probes to cook something like a brisket. I'll likely stick with my Meater block that runs independently from the grill's (feels-like-beta) software. If I hadn't been watching the Traeger, I wouldn't have known the cook had stopped due to reboot.

You are lucky. I was using mine for the second time last week. I decided to connect the temp probes mid cook. When it started using the Bluetooth to connect the whole grill shut off and won’t restart. Dead! Had to finish in the $99 Weber.

Did you
You are lucky. I was using mine for the second time last week. I decided to connect the temp probes mid cook. When it started using the Bluetooth to connect the whole grill shut off and won’t restart. Dead! Had to finish in the $99 Weber.
did you managed to fix it ?

Back