Timberline 850 Fuse Location

JBHallMN

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
My Timberline 850 will not power up. Totally dead. I have checked the outlet and it is good as well as everything is connected. The rocker switch is 'On'. Still no power at the grill. I know my old Traeger grill had a fuse and the rumor is that this one does as well. However, when I took the controller out I did not see a fuse. The Support page at Traeger says there is a fuse and says it is "circled in the photo" but there is NO PHOTO! So any assistance would be appreciated.

I haven't looked specifically for a fuse on my 850, but when I was inside of the wiring bay under the hopper I didn't see one. The Gen2 850's use a DC power supply module, much like a laptop uses. The power cord plugs directly into it. The power module is clamped inside the bay, you can open the bottom grate and check it over for a fuse in its case. If the rocker switch is lit up, but no power to the controller (the power button is not illuminated), then the module may have failed.

I had one instance where I flipped on the rocker switch, it lit up, but the controller did not light up at all. I flipped the rocker off and on a few times and then things powered up, been fine ever since.

Thanks for the feedback.

Interesting but makes sense given how the new controller likely works. I'll have to trying flipping the rocker switch a couple of times and see if that does the trick.

The reason I was looking for a fuse is that we had some heavy thunderstorms move through the prior two days with lots of lightning. The grill wasn't plugged in, but on my last Traeger, such activity would sometime cause the fuse to require replacing to get the grill working again.

Even though both grills were/are covered, static electricity from lightning can do strange things to electronics. I have had notebook bricks fry during severe storms and they were in my home when plugged in, so I can only imagine what lightning could do to something outside and not plugged in with similar electronics.

Latest Discussions

Back