Thermocouple Issue

cwsunderland

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
So I just bought a new Ironwood 885 about week ago and it's been amazing to grill/smoke food this way. I noticed after today meal that some black hard material broke away from the Thermocouple sticking out the upper right side of the grill. Is this something I need to look at replacing already and if so should I go back to where I bought it and see if they can get for me? I saw a video on how to replace this guy but I don't see anywhere where I can order the replacement.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 117

MikeyR

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Is it still accurate? If accurate, probably not. But contact Traeger and they’ll probably send a new one.

OP
OP
C

cwsunderland

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I did run a test with an external probe and it seemed to be about 15 degrees difference between the controller and the external probe but nothing crazy. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they can send me a new one.

MikeyR

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I did run a test with an external probe and it seemed to be about 15 degrees difference between the controller and the external probe but nothing crazy. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they can send me a new one.
Call early (7am MST). I bet they send free of charge.

Latest Discussions