Thermapen One

traeger860

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650, Weber Genesis, Anova Precision Cooker.
thermapen-one_generic-01.jpg

How many people on here are going to get a new thermapen just because it’s newer? I might be guilty but I’m trying to talk myself out of it since it seems so similar to the mk4 with minor fine tuning.

How many people on here are going to get a new thermapen just because it’s newer? I might be guilty but I’m trying to talk myself out of it since it seems so similar to the mk4 with minor fine tuning.
not me as I just bought the Mk4 on clearance.

If it was a tool that I used for work, I'd definitely upgrade. But the POP and MK4 work just fine for me cooking at home.

My engineer brain made the snap calcs,

Faster, more accurate, brighter backlight, nice case. Currently sharing the MK4 with the wife for a few years now, it's in the kitchen.

Conclusion, got one in orange with a pouch, and its staying with the grill accessories. The one in the kitchen stays in the kitchen.

and... July is my birthday

Faster, more accurate, brighter backlight, nice case. Currently sharing the MK4 with the wife for a few years now, it's in the kitchen.

Conclusion, got one in orange with a pouch, and its staying with the grill accessories. The one in the kitchen stays in the kitchen.

I was a bit bummed the Mk4 wasn’t currently being offered in that sweet orange color

I have a III & IV. I see no reason to buy this one unless one of mine breaks.

Both orange. ;)

I like the new specs also…. And yes, I ordered the orange one..😬

you guys that are so quick to cast the trusty Mk4 to the side are making me wonder if it's not as good as advertised

you guys that are so quick to cast the trusty Mk4 to the side are making me wonder if it's not as good as advertised
You won't be disappointed. I currently have two MK4 probes, they will probably last me a lifetime and I don't think this new one adds anything that I 'need' to have.

Happy pre-Birthday

Back