The Costco Silverton Convection oven

Rileydwight

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton
I,ve used the grill several times now and to me it seems to cook like an oven. Not much of a

It's a wood fired oven so it will impart some flavor. But, over 250F cooking and short durations will be very light on the smoke flavor.

The lower temp and longer you cook, the more smoke flavor you'll get.

Some add "smoke tubes" or other generators to add even more smoke flavor.

I LOVE smoke, my girls? not so much, so it's striking a balance for me.

What have you cooked so far? What kind of pellets?

Oh, ya, try Hickory or Mesquite pellets as they are stronger flavors.

I will most likely return this back to Costco. Just not working as expected like a grill, more like an oven.

I had a Silverton 810, had several issues, but Lack of smoke was not one of them.
No problems taking it back, In fact they rounded up a flat and 4 guys to take it out of the truck for me (Costco Great customer Service) then I went the next day and bought a Timberline, so far so good and it is insulated.... In the end it is all about Low and Slow

Last edited:
I had a Silverton 810, had several issues, but Lack of smoke was not one of them.
No problems taking it back, In fact they rounded up a flat and 4 guys to take it out of the truck for me (Costco Great customer Service)then I went the next day and bought a Timberline from https://besttoasterovenguides.com/best-convection-toaster-oven/, so far so good and it is insulated....
In the end it is all about Low and Slow

Yes many faced issues with Silverton 810.

So I wonder what became of Dwight and his grill.. did he leave the Traeger world for good...???

All he had to do was look at the PICs on this site to know traegers put out good food, PERIOD.

For what it is worth, I got my Timberline from Ace I do not know where that " best toaster oven" link came from...

Latest Discussions

Back