Beef Thawing Meat

CMTiger

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 575 / Weber Genesis / Weber 28” Griddle / Orion Cooker
Specifically tenderloins.

so I bought a whole tenderloin and cut it up freezing parts of it as there are only three of us. I don’t usually do this and just by filets as I go but they were having a sale.

so here’s my question......what’s the best method to thaw these out for grilling? I do not have a sous vide

Specifically tenderloins.

so I bought a whole tenderloin and cut it up freezing parts of it as there are only three of us. I don’t usually do this and just by filets as I go but they were having a sale.

so here’s my question......what’s the best method to thaw these out for grilling? I do not have a sous vide
I'd vac seal and either slow thaw in the fridge overnight or if in a hurry, in cold water for an hour or so.

Fridge is best bet if you have some time.

refrigerator is always best. I'm less worried about thawing beef than say chicken or pork.

I've used cold water if the bag is water tight.

I've also put it on an aluminum griddle in the kitchen and turned it every 30 mins or so. I've thawed tri-tip in about 90 mins this way.

I don't worry about beef coming up to 50F over an hour or two, but that's me.

I have used sous-vide when I've been in a big hurry water temp at 130 will thaw and start to pre-cook the beef so its a very fast cook to get it to rare / med rare.

I thawed for about 24 hours in the fridge and they turned out great tonight. Thanks

Back