Poultry Texas Smoked Turkey Breast

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
This looks amazing, hoping to give it a try this weekend.

Texas Turkey Breast Directions:
1. Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275 degrees using Post Oak wood for fuel and smoke flavor.
2. Remove the skin from the turkey breast and trim away excess fat.
3. Season with Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub*
4. Place the turkey breast on the pit and smoke for 2 hours.
5. Cut the stick of butter into pieces. Place half the butter on a double layer of aluminum foil and set the turkey breast top-side down on the butter. Place remaining butter on top and wrap the foil around.
6. Set the turkey back on the pit and insert a probe thermometer.
7. Continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 162 degrees.
8. Remove the turkey breast from the pit and rest for 20-30 minutes before slicing.

Last edited:
I have been getting the rotisserie seasoned turkey breasts at the store. Toss them directly on at 225 till the IT hits 150, glaze with some sauce (Rufous Teague Touch of Heat is usually in the house) and cook till 165. They always come out great.

Will have to get the non-seasoned ones & try this too

Ran this today. Only thing I did different was add in some garlic powder, otherwise it was as written.

I have a new turkey recipe. This was awesome!

693F2F49-B5D6-4C6F-A30E-7647A1775CF6.jpeg
980C1234-FDE9-4FDA-A7AE-D213B3E92E7B.jpeg

Wow, nice job! How long was the total cook time?

Got this guy going on the Traeger today. Finally getting around to trying Texas style turkey!

texas-turkey.jpeg

Nice! It is one of my favorites

I made a Boneless skinless Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving! Brined them overnight, seasoned before going on the grill. Best Turkey I ever had. Won't ever go back to a traditional roasted Turkey

Giving this another shot with a butterball Turkey breast using Meat Church Holy Cow seasoning. Have the skin all cut off and seasoned!

bearmountain-pellets.jpeg

smoked-turkey-traeger1.jpeg

turkey-pork-traeger1.jpeg

Back