Temperature troubles

RKSmoking

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Hi all, first time Traegering last night, changed temp midway from 225 to 250 and the grille shot up to 329. Picture attached. I’m glad I was here watching it as I would have ruined dinner at that heat. Is this a typical problem with Traegers when you change the temp? I’m guessing the auger put too many pellets in the firebox, but looking for advice here. Also I read about the P value, not sure where to change that on my Silverton 810. It’s a brand new grille.

Attachments

• 92E9556F-1B68-4A2C-82E4-B4713C78C109.jpeg
    92E9556F-1B68-4A2C-82E4-B4713C78C109.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 24
Hi all, first time Traegering last night, changed temp midway from 225 to 250 and the grille shot up to 329. Picture attached. I’m glad I was here watching it as I would have ruined dinner at that heat. Is this a typical problem with Traegers when you change the temp? I’m guessing the auger put too many pellets in the firebox, but looking for advice here. Also I read about the P value, not sure where to change that on my Silverton 810. It’s a brand new grille.
You can not change the P setting on the D2 controller.

Did the temp even out to where you put it?

Plenty of variables, but that seems like a pretty big overshoot! I always have one of my InkBird probes running for ambient with alarm temps at something appropriate; great way to be alerted if anything goes awry.

You can not change the P setting on the D2 controller.

Did the temp even out to where you put it?
I turned the grille off and reignited and it came down then did the normal 10-15 over under. I kept the lid open at that time as well. Thanks

I turned the grille off and reignited and it came down then did the normal 10-15 over under. I kept the lid open at that time as well. Thanks
What do you mean “you kept the lid open”?

Latest Discussions

Back