Temperature Probe Question

Mine is there to hold the cable up and out of the way... but I used the same bolt to secure my holder

20210222_154022.jpg

I took the guess out of it, my Traeger rtd is off by about 20f high compared to the FireBoard probe.View attachment 6529
Knowing this you can adjust to the correct temp using the FireBoard or other therm, and the grill will work as designed.
You may also want to check for a gradient , put an ambient prob on the other side…

You may also want to check for a gradient , put an ambient prob on the other side…
Last time I check it was about 10f left to right, that was almost a year ago.

If Traeger wanted us to move the probe around they would have made it on a cable... NO STRIKE THAT (they're too stupid for that) Anyway, the variance across the grill has never to my knowledge ruined someones cook... the ones who know this use it to their advantage at times... Most advice is "cook away"... 10° ambient isn't gonna screw up a final IT temp anyway.

Last time I check it was about 10f left to right, that was almost a year ago.
While I am sure your grill has that gradient, mine has a 50 degree gradient At 190 right. That was the reason my suggestion.
‘if you know about the gradient, then you can work with it…

50°... wow I dunno if that's normal at all... but I don't have a trimberline so I cannot say how that's possible or not

Latest Discussions

Back