Help! Temperature Control

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 570
One would think that this being a forum over seen by Traeger, with all of the negativity about their poor quality temperature controllers, they’d do something about it.

One would think that this being a forum over seen by Traeger,
there is no Traeger Rep that I know of in this forum.
We are not affiliated with Traeger Co. at all.

Thanks for the correction…..
BUT! If Traeger knew about this forum, and it would seem to reason that they do, one would think they’d take an interest in what people are saying and take the necessary steps to improve their product.

Thanks for the correction…..
BUT! If Traeger knew about this forum, and it would seem to reason that they do, one would think they’d take an interest in what people are saying and take the necessary steps to improve their product.
🤷🏼‍♂️
They recently bought Meater and have begun integrating it into their grills with the new Timberline series

If Traeger knew about this forum,... one would think they’d take an interest in what people are saying and take the necessary steps to improve their product.
Dream on, they probably get a thousand calls a day people complaining about their product. Have they radically changed anything yet?? NO. So why would they even care what's said in here, even tho some very intelligent things have been given light in here, TRAEGER DOESN'T CARE!!

"I work out every day and eat healthy" .... SHINGLES DOESN'T CARE!!!

I agree with @Slimpicker, but can provide more nuance. Traeger grills are expensive, particularly those with the D2 controller, and in trying to cut costs they made the decision to go with cheap temperature probes. They thought no one would notice (that's the don't care part!).

The problem for them is that even more expensive pellet grills appeared on the market with excellent temperature probes. Yoder and Lone Star Grillz integrate FireBoard into their grills and are becoming quite popular. I wouldn't be surprised if Traeger had inquired about purchasing FireBoard and got rebuffed. So they went and purchased Meater instead and now offer the Timberline XL line to compete with those high end grills.

I think there is an easier solution for those of us who don't want to buy the high end grills: just purchase a reliable temperature probe system. I am partial to FireBoard 2, but Thermoworks Signals or the Meater Block are alternatives. If these are too expensive, there is also Inkbird for about $50 when they come on sale often. Why waste all this emotional energy complaining when we can easily fix the issue?

smiley-signs011.gif
smiley-signs115.gif
smiley-signs064.gif
+1.gif

Back