TEMP CALIBRATION

Dcgunman

Reaction score
Grill
Century 885
I know they tell you to use a ice bath (with water) to calibrate the temp probe. But I like the boiling water method to check all my temp probes. Can I do the calibration on the control box using boiling water method Instead of the ice bath?

I would stick with he method Traeger says to do... But then again, I never took mine out of the plastic wrapper...
I hope you are not going to rely on the meat probe or you will be eating under cooked chicken one day

icon_hot.gifI Spent All This Money on My Traeger and the Meat Probe is NOT Reliable?? Unfortunately, That's Correct!!
Oh hell no. I just posted on trying to calibrate this piece of cr.. I’ll calibrate it, hopefully, but definitely not going to rely on it. Probably won’t use it now that I have the 4 probe InkBird IBBT-4T. Yes I know the InkBird is made in China. It was half off and I can’t afford the higher end temp probes right now. But I needed another one to go along with my Dot. I’m still new here and still learning thanks to this community.

What is Traeger official response to the temperature probe not being accurate???

I agree I $1500 spent on an Ironwood 885 and the temp probe is way off......

Thank God I have my proven and tested Weber Wireless Temperature probe

What is Traeger official response to the temperature probe not being accurate???

I agree I $1500 spent on an Ironwood 885 and the temp probe is way off......

Thank God I have my proven and tested Weber Wireless Temperature probe
They don’t list any specs so they will say, “what problem?”

in fact, they appear to have removed specs to temp fluctuations now so they make no claim anywhere to temp accuracy.

I guess you can take that as their “official response”. Remove specs!!

They don’t list any specs so they will say, “what problem?”

in fact, they appear to have removed specs to temp fluctuations now so they make no claim anywhere to temp accuracy.

I guess you can take that as their “official response”. Remove specs!!
The sad part of this is that Traegers are very good at maintaining the temperature they think is the correct one. They stay within 5-10 degrees, just that they do this at the wrong temperature.

I think the best acknowledgement that they have a problem is their purchase of Meater. Hopefully, this gets them the expertise they need to make better pit probes at the very least.

Thank you Murphy's Law and MidwestSmoker for your response.

The sad part of this is that Traegers are very good at maintaining the temperature they think is the correct one. They stay within 5-10 degrees, just that they do this at the wrong temperature.

I think the best acknowledgement that they have a problem is their purchase of Meater. Hopefully, this gets them the expertise they need to make better pit probes at the very least.
Yeah....it would be nice if they are able to make some improvements with Meater. I do second a precious posters opinion that I hope it’s to get a solid probe company onboard to help address their faults and not some wireless gimmick

Yeah....it would be nice if they are able to make some improvements with Meater. I do second a precious posters opinion that I hope it’s to get a solid probe company onboard to help address their faults and not some wireless gimmick
They (Traeger) should address this problem. I'm sure their customer service has been contacted by several owner on this issue. I heard about their WiFire issue before I bought my traeger and was told they hired an outsider to address this. It seems to be fine now. Most of the issue could be operator error.

InkBird

Latest Discussions

Back