Takes forever to heat up

walshlaw

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22, I think
My grill takes forever tocget hot, and never gets over 350. Anyone had this issue?

Welcome, please describe what you mean buy "forever" and you 'think' you have a Pro 22??
If so, don't they only go to 400° anyway?
My point is if your are claiming only 350° using the Traeger probe, you could very well be getting 400° unless you prove that with a 3rd party Temp Probe
The Traeger built in probe is not reliable, especially in the Pro22

Welcome, please describe what you mean buy "forever" and you 'think' you have a Pro 22??
If so, don't they only go to 400° anyway?
My point is if your are claiming only 350° using the Traeger probe, you could very well be getting 400° unless you prove that with a 3rd party Temp Probe
The Traeger built in probe is not reliable, especially in the Pro22
I am pretty sure its a PRO22, but it does not have any markings on it. It says it can heat up to 450, but I have never see it get a ove 400. And it could take an hour to get over 350. Its about 2xyears old, and I have cleaned it out recently. I have never checked the thermometer, I will try that. But it really does take a long time to get her hot enough to cook.

I vote for perhaps a leaky hood, something allowing heat loss. Does the fire sound strong? Like a blow torch, fan running full speed? If so, then it's losing heat.

If the probe is bad, and the controller only sees 350F with it set to 450F, it will go to max fuel feed. Using a different thermometer to check would verify this.

If you set temp to 200F, will it hold that lower temp?

I am pretty sure its a PRO22, but it does not have any markings on it. It says it can heat up to 450, but I have never see it get a ove 400. And it could take an hour to get over 350. Its about 2xyears old, and I have cleaned it out recently. I have never checked the thermometer, I will try that. But it really does take a long time to get her hot enough to cook.

What does your controller look like... can you take a pic. ALSO, you have NO markings under the hopper lid? this is where your model # is and other info

Could the fan be plugged or not working?

I'd fire it up with the fire pot exposed and see if the fire looks strong.

Latest Discussions

Back