System Update Fix

CF422

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
I had spoken with Traeger yesterday and they were sending me a new controller to fix the update problem. The representative I spoke with yesterday called me back this morning, had me delete my grill, and add it back. The updates fixed the grill.

Thanks for posting, I just received a new 575 and tried my first cook today but came across this issue. Not confidence inspiring.

Just to clarify, you simply removed the grill from the app, added it once more and a new update was pushed out which resolved the problem?

Cheers

I forgot the WiFi and the grill worked with no connectivity. The traeger rep had me forget the grill and set it back up.

I forgot the WiFi and the grill worked with no connectivity. The traeger rep had me forget the grill and set it back up.

Cheers, will give this a try tomorrow

I had the same problem with my timberline 850. Waited over a month to get my replacement Controller and installed it this morning. I am cooking again but can’t get on WiFi. I went through the manual process and everything looked good I could see my 850 in the app. I shut it down and an hou later the app can’t see the 850. I tried resetting WiFi, but the grill sticks at forgetting WiFi and goes no further. Has anyone seen this. I called tech support, requested a callback. I got it two hours later but was disconnected from the call 10 seconds into it.

I’m trying this, but now I cannot connect the grill back to my network

Sadly these steps don't seem to work for the 575. Forgot network, removed the grill from the app. Added it again and the same problem is appearing

Sadly these steps don't seem to work for the 575. Forgot network, removed the grill from the app. Added it again and the same problem is appearing

If the May Update release is causing issues with your WiFIRE Controller when it is connected to your Home Wi-Fi, I believe that puts you in the group of owners who have Firmware corruption issues and you are going to have to contact Traeger Support (if they cannot "patch" the Firmware, they will send out a new Controller) ... in the interim, disconnecting the WiFIRE from Wi-Fi and running the grill via the display will at least provide you the capability to cook until Traeger provides resolution ...

I got my timberline 850 to connect to yhe app with a new controller. U can read my issues above, but basically I could not get the app to recognize my controller, which was on WiFi, I couldn’t get the controller to forget my WiFi so I could pair again. and I could not do a controller reset (menu, about this grill, then hold down the ignite button till you see the splash screen. I still can’t reset, but by turning off my home WiFi I did get the controller to forget my network nd allow me to re pair. It’s working now. The new controller showed up with software 3.0.0.0

I got my timberline 850 to connect to yhe app with a new controller. U can read my issues above, but basically I could not get the app to recognize my controller, which was on WiFi, I couldn’t get the controller to forget my WiFi so I could pair again. and I could not do a controller reset (menu, about this grill, then hold down the ignite button till you see the splash screen. I still can’t reset, but by turning off my home WiFi I did get the controller to forget my network nd allow me to re pair. It’s working now. The new controller showed up with software 3.0.0.0

Is your Timberline 850 a Gen1 AC-powered version?

Ironwood 650 here checking in. I found this thread via searching via Google. I can confirmed disconnecting "forget internet" in the settings worked for me. I already had temp my sensor start acting erratically and now this...loving this smoker grill technology but it comes with many failure points...sigh

Back