Super Smoke

Meat Monster

Reaction score
Grill
575 Pro
In a lot of recipes on the app they mention "Super Smoke if available “. I’ve looked at several pellet retailers and I’ve never seen that flavor. Is there some kind of spice called that?

In a lot of recipes on the app they mention "Super Smoke if available “. I’ve looked at several pellet retailers and I’ve never seen that flavor. Is there some kind of spice called that?
It's a setting on some high end Traeger Grills.

Super Smoke is available only on the Ironwood and Timberline Series grills, not in the Pro line which you (and I) have. On the Pro line to get high smoke levels keep the temperatures at 200 degrees or lower when you start a cook and then ramp it up to the required temperature.

yeah, we don't have that on our grills MM, but I use 2 smoke tubes and now even chicken at 300°+ gets a real good smokey flavor!!! No more "low temps just for smoke" for me.

Anybody marinate before pellet smoking with "Liquid Smoke" :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Kidding aside I found lower temp smoke early and using different pellets will make a huge difference in the amount of smoke. I do have a Smoke Tube that I should experiment with but so far have been pleased with the 180 F smoke temp early and using Mesquite, Hickory, and Oak when I want higher smoke flavor.

Back