Super Smoke.

No matter what grill I owned (unless it was a pure smoker), I’d use the smoke tube. I sometimes use two tubes at once. I get A LOT of smoke. The kind of pellets also have a bearing on flavor and intensity.

EXACTLY

Hey all newbie. First post
Just assembled my Silverton 650 fathers day gift.
Becoming concerned i might have an expensive sub par pellet smoker experiences ahead of me.
What is this smoke tube u speak of? About to start googling to research but if somebody has a bone for me and suggestion. Thatd be appreciated.
Seasoning it now.
Assembled super easy and fast
Wifi app connection wouldnt work but CS was awesome and she had me sorted in 20 mins...

Attachments

• E7476612-604A-46A0-8C0F-BCCDF021EEDC.jpeg
    E7476612-604A-46A0-8C0F-BCCDF021EEDC.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 15
Look at “Smoke Tube” on Amazon there are several models

I use cherry pellets, bourbon barrel chips, and apple chips in my smoke tube and you cannot BEAT that combo nor can you get more smoke than me...!!!!

I now own 3 tubes and will use 2 at a time for something I really want smoked!!!

I use cherry pellets, bourbon barrel chips, and apple chips in my smoke tube and you cannot BEAT that combo nor can you get more smoke than me...!!!!

I now own 3 tubes and will use 2 at a time for something I really want smoked!!!
Thanks. I just ordered one to experiment with. Ill have to try different pellets out to see. So do you run your grill with the same pellets in your smoke tube OR do you mix it up and run different pellets in each?
Is this a Treager problem or is low smoke flavor a common thing in other pellet smokers. Strikes me as a flaw.
So it appears to me the tube is lit and placed in the grill at the start of cooking. Is it on the grates or placed under the grates.
Sorry for such basic questions.

Thanks. I just ordered one to experiment with. Ill have to try different pellets out to see. So do you run your grill with the same pellets in your smoke tube OR do you mix it up and run different pellets in each?
Is this a Treager problem or is low smoke flavor a common thing in other pellet smokers. Strikes me as a flaw.
So it appears to me the tube is lit and placed in the grill at the start of cooking. Is it on the grates or placed under the grates.
Sorry for such basic questions.

I just use hickory or mesquite in my smoker... I use the cherry and apple pellets in the tubes only... I use cherry or apple chips too, along with the bourbon barrel chips.

here's a vid of what I use, how I light it, how I place it in the smoker...

Thanks gents!
Smoker tube ordered
First trial meal going now
Investigating thermometers now. Probs go with the fireboard it appears
One probe simply not enough and inaccurate to boot (ridiculous for a top brand). Being an engineer myself id be embarrassed...
Ok well nothing more money wont solve i guess

Thanks gents!
Smoker tube ordered
First trial meal going now
Investigating thermometers now. Probs go with the fireboard it appears
One probe simply not enough and inaccurate to boot (ridiculous for a top brand). Being an engineer myself id be embarrassed...
Ok well nothing more money wont solve i guess
Once I got over the initial outrage over the weakness of the grill, temps, WiFire etc, I began to appreciate the good and mitigate the bad. As you say, nothing money and time can't fix.

But if I were a Traeger engineer, I'd be a bit embarrassed

Back