Sous vide

The Condom Broke!!!! with an hour to go my bag sprung a leak and made the water all crappy, took the Inkbird out and in fresh water to make sure no damage.... the meat's just gonna have to sit in it's own crap water till I'm done with the potatoes and cabbage. No harm, it's just broth but still.

I have 2 rolls of stronger bags I ordered a while back and I'm ready for them now.

The Condom Broke!!!! with an hour to go my bag sprung a leak and made the water all crappy, took the Inkbird out and in fresh water to make sure no damage.... the meat's just gonna have to sit in it's own crap water till I'm done with the potatoes and cabbage. No harm, it's just broth but still.

I have 2 rolls of stronger bags I ordered a while back and I'm ready for them now.
That sucks! Could you just vacseal real quick to finish it up?

I just ate it once the veggies were done, I don't think 10 hours is 'gospel' cuz the meat was just fine, it was done, tasted great, sliced without falling apart, but still almost melted in my mouth.

This is my 2nd corned beef, somewhere in here I did another one 10 hours then put that on the smoker...

Tried some duck breasts. Would try a little longer next time
130 for 2.5 hours for these
20210327_171945.jpg20210327_172946.jpg

Reheated some frozen pork loin I fixed on the T back in January, and a bag of cut sweet corn from last summer. Inkbird is pretty slick, lookin forward to more reheats and an actual cook with it.

p.s. Didn't take pics as the original cook was in Jan. lol

Can't say as I've ever had duck, but they look pretty good to me.
It is pretty good. Nice for the sous vide because it can be cooked medium rare. It is nice smoked as well. Lots of fat on it, so you would want to smoke over a pan to catch it. Duck fat is great for cooking

Reheated some frozen pork loin I fixed on the T back in January, and a bag of cut sweet corn from last summer. Inkbird is pretty slick, lookin forward to more reheats and an actual cook with it.

Looking forward to using it for reheating smoked foods next winter

Tried some duck breasts. Would try a little longer next time
130 for 2.5 hours for these
View attachment 4848View attachment 4849
DUDE, LOVE DUCK!!! I've done whole before several times, and YES, they are some greasy little muthers.
dammit they are good tho...

I put duck over the top of some meat I had that needed basting... I forgot if it was Butts or a Prime Rib

I just reheated some smoked pork butt, Sous Vide is the bomb! I had sliced it into slabs, vac sealed and froze. Once hot, I just used 2 forks to shred it over some fresh rice. It was awesome!

So i could take my Fireboard with a temp probe and pot clip and use the stove to heat the water in a pan. Does the sealed bag need to be immersed or can it float a little?
I found out that my wife's Instapot has a keep warm function where you can fill it with water and set the temperature from like 105F to about 190F. This is without the lid.
It is 8 quarts so its reasonable size.
On newer Instapots now they call that function Sous Vide.
I would primarily use it to reheat meat to the original cooking temp...
Interesting....

I found out that my wife's Instapot has a keep warm function where you can fill it with water and set the temperature from like 105F to about 190F. This is without the lid.
Interesting....
That would work just fine.

Interesting....
I ended up getting a InkBird off of Amazon. I’ve reheated a couple of times from frozen and it works great.

Timmy,
At what temperature did you reheat and what cut of meat ?
I am cooking a pork butt tomorrow and plan to freeze most of it.
From what I hear in here, reheat to 130 F?
What else are people doing with the Sous Vide?
Thanks,
Puertex
From frozen I did 130 on one reheat for about 3 hrs. And 140 on another for 3 hrs. Taste was just like off the smoker. I wanna do a pastrami soon, otherwise I haven’t had time, I’m thinkin steak also, then sear.

After my large Ziploc bag leaking on my Montreal Smoked Meat, I have been looking for vacuum bag options. (Consensus online seems to indicate the large Ziploc bags seams let go after being heated).
I have seen people recommending making a 'Frankenbag' by cutting seems and resealing, but that sounds like an added risk with extra seals that could leak.
Has anyone found a viable option for a bag that will fit a complete packer brisket?
I have been looking at these

Cabela's has an extra wide bag, not pleated, that may be another option as well
Looking to see if anyone has tried any of these or has any suggestions.

Last edited:
InkBird

Latest Discussions

Back