Sous vide

This lot is a bad influence! he he
Welcome to the hot water club

And I don't even know WTfreak I'm doing with the dam thing!!!!
OhNoes.gif

It will be fun. Apparently perfect soft boiled eggs are easy.

Just like grandpa used to make them!!!! I'll have to learn soon, my mouth is watering
yumyum.gif

It will be fun. Apparently perfect soft boiled eggs are easy.
Soft boiled eggs are easy if you have an air fryer as well. No water, no broken shells and when you get the time for your fryer perfected, eggs come out perfect every time

Soft boiled eggs are easy if you have an air fryer as well. No water, no broken shells and when you get the time for your fryer perfected, eggs come out perfect every time

I have a nuwave... I've been missing out all this time!!!
aargh4.gif

I have a nuwave... I've been missing out all this time!!! View attachment 3880
We use our Ninja for it all the time. No mess and not waiting for a pot to boil. Takes about 10-12 minutes. Times vary depending on the temp suggested and the number of eggs in the fryer
If you do a search for air fryer boiled eggs you will get a lot of recipes. Or search for Newave air fryer boiled eggs and you may get some specific recipes for your own fryer

i have just ordered a sous vide probe for a TW Dot to monitor the temp of the food in the vacuum sealer bag. Mostly because I’m a geek and I want to know the temp of the food before I bring it out of the circulator. But any water proof probe would probably do.

So do you vacuum seal the probe in the bag?
Or just monitor water temp by the bag?

So do you vacuum seal the probe in the bag?
Or just monitor water temp by the bag?
I'd say yes but honestly, the whole point is that this method takes food to its perfect temp and stays there without over cooking for a long time, like 1-3 hours. This let's you work on other things without worry on timing.

I'd say yes but honestly, the whole point is that this method takes food to its perfect temp and stays there without over cooking for a long time, like 1-3 hours. This let's you work on other things without worry on timing.

Well I read in one of the comments a note from the vendor that food can be over cooked which is just confusing cuz that doesn't make sense but I haven't even watched a vid yet so I don't know nothin

If you fill your sous vide bucket with ice and vacuum sealed frozen chicken (or whatever), you can time the cook so that it's done when you get home from work. Frozen usually takes 50% longer to cook than fresh does.

Corn on the cob is another good one to try. Cook it in a sealed bag with butter and seasoning.

Well I read in one of the comments a note from the vendor that food can be over cooked which is just confusing cuz that doesn't make sense but I haven't even watched a vid yet so I don't know nothin
The bath is at a precise temp, if you put a 2" thick steak in it at 130F, it can't exceed that temp. The meat texture will change however the longer it's kept in the bath. 1-3 hours is normal

Here's a basic temp guide;

Here's a snap from my phone app
8D2E2580-6F5C-43BB-AC8E-622AA6AFB99A.png

I read a description of results after 24 and even 48 hours, as you would expect, the meats get more and more tender to the point of being too much.

Last edited:
The bath is at a precise temp, if you put a 2" thick steak in it at 130F, it can't exceed that temp. The meat texture will change however the longer it's kept in the bath. 1-3 hours is normal

I still don't understand how something has a 2 hour window?? Is the steak better at 1 hour or better at 3 hours???

So are they saying a Roast can go from 7-14 hours??? OK so lets say I wait 14 hours... is the roast MORE tender or over cooked???

I still don't understand how something has a 2 hour window?? Is the steak better at 1 hour or better at 3 hours???

So are they saying a Roast can go from 7-14 hours??? OK so lets say I wait 14 hours... is the roast MORE tender or over cooked???
They are saying that the roast is done at 6hrs and is best if pulled before 14 hours.

It won't really ever overcook because the temp can't go higher than what you set it at. If you want to cook something to 135, you set the temp to 135. It's not like a grill or oven where you set it to 225-500 and pull the food off when it's at 135. The consistency of the meat just changes if you leave it in for an extended amount of time and the fat content starts to break down more. A medium rare steak will still be medium rare (and it'll be medium rare the whole way through). It may just fall apart or get mushy.

20160801-sous-vide-brisket-guide-temp-time-composite.jpg

Last edited:

My head hurts.....🤯

Latest Discussions

Back