Snake River Farms Pork (not Beef) Short Ribs

DarienJim

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300, Big Green Egg, Weber Genesis
I was intrigued and ordered these for July 4th from Snake River Farms:

i see lots of recipes fir beef short ribs to smoke but nothing for pork. Anyone have any ideas outside of the usual baby back rib recipes?

I don't mean to sidetrack your thread, but this prompted me to visit the SRF website for the first time. They are selling Wagyu briskets for about $7/lb. That is not too much more than the current Costco price of $5/lb for Prime brisket. And they are offering free shipping through July 4. Very tempting!

I don't mean to sidetrack your thread, but this prompted me to visit the SRF website for the first time. They are selling Wagyu briskets for about $7/lb. That is not too much more than the current Costco price of $5/lb for Prime brisket. And they are offering free shipping through July 4. Very tempting!
Went to Costco this week, prime brisket was $5.99, went to the SRF web site brisket was going for $10- 14/lb not 7….
was there a sale?

Last edited:
Went to Costco this week, prime brisket was $5.99, went to the SRF web site brisket was going for $10- 14/lb not 7….
was there a sale?
I think the sale is only free shipping. Here it is, 20+ lbs. for $139, which is less than $7/lb:

Correction: you are right! My mistake it is $11/lb.

WTF is a pork short rib? Where is is cut from? That Snake River site is the first I've ever heard of the cut.

WTF is a pork short rib? Where is is cut from? That Snake River site is the first I've ever heard of the cut.
I’m going to find out. I love Pittman’s meat church video will probably follow a spear rib recipe and temperature.

I don't mean to sidetrack your thread, but this prompted me to visit the SRF website for the first time.

if you are. Just discovering SRF for the first time you’re in for a treat. Definitely more expensive then some others I have found them the best overall do far of mail order butchers.

was there a sale?
What grade were you looking at? Black or gold….Gold costs more than black grade.

I think the sale is only free shipping. Here it is, 20+ lbs. for $139, which is less than $7/lb:

Correction: you are right! My mistake it is $11/lb.
Check out the Gold grade..😁

Well they came out pretty good although I am not sure I would order them again nor would I say they are as good as beef short ribs. We ended up using the BGE over the Timberline 1300 and had great smoke. We ended up wrapping just at the end and only cooked them to 185-190 as they were taking a long time. We did sauce them up for day 2 and reheat in oven at 200 with new sauce and they were still tender. Here are pics of them seasoned up and then come off the GBE.

Attachments

• 64693412757__18486B76-5C04-4B23-9E94-13F47B578A3B.fullsizerender.jpeg
    64693412757__18486B76-5C04-4B23-9E94-13F47B578A3B.fullsizerender.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0838.jpeg
    IMG_0838.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 18
Did you ever find out where they were cut from? Looks like they were shoulder cut into rectangles.

I've got some coming Friday. I started an order last week but did not complete it.
2 days later the emailed me with a discount code.

PROMO CODE: I3R1GAIRFB​

Back