* 1 – TSP of Coarse Ground Black Pepper

TURKEY BASTING:
* Spray Butter
* 2 – Sticks of Butter
* Clover Honey

PREPARATION:

FRESH TURKEY OR TURKEY BREAST:
* Brine the day before your cook.
* Dump the Brine ingredients into the large Brining Bucket.
* Add 2 – Gallons of cold water and mix well until the salts and sugars have dissolved.
* On the day of your cook, remove the Turkey or Turkey Breasts from the brine and wash thoroughly.
* Place the Turkey Breasts on meat racks, and place inside aluminum pans
* Season all sides of the Turkey generously with the rub

YOUR COOK:

1. Set your Cooker to 200 degrees (Super Smoke if you have it)

2. Place Turkey Breast on the grill and smoke for 1 hour.

3. At the 1 hour mark, spray the turkey breasts with the liquid butter.

4. After 1 hour Set your Cooker to 325 degrees.

5. Set the meat probe for 145 degrees

6. Cook until internal meat temp reaches 145.

7. At 145 degrees remove turkey from the grill.

8. Place the Turkey Breast and meat rack inside an aluminum pan.

9. Coat the Turkey breast with honey, and reapply rub.

10. Place a stick of butter on top of each Turkey Breast, then wrap the pan tightly in aluminum foil.

11. Re-set your meat probe for 165 degrees and insert the meat probe into the Turkey Breast.

12. Return the Turkey breast to the grill and cook until internal meat temp reaches 165.

13. At 165 degrees remove Turkey Breast from the grill and let rest while wrapped for 30 minutes.

14. Run the juices from the aluminum pan through a fat separator.

15. Slice the Turkey breasts and pour juices over the turkey.

NOTES:

SMOKED BONELESS TURKEY BREASTS

HARDWOOD: Cherry or Pecan

COOK TIME: 2 hours 30 Minutes + 30 minutes resting

EQUIPMENT:
* Aluminum Pans
* HD Aluminum Foil
* Meat Racks
* Mixing Bowl
* Large Brine Bucket

INGREDIENTS:
* 2 – 5 pound Fresh Turkey Breasts

BRINE:
* 2 – Gallons of Water
* 1 ½ - Cups of Kosher Salt
* 1/3 – Cup of Brown Sugar
* ¼ - Cup of Worcestershire Powder
* 2 – Tablespoons of Granulated Garlic
* 2 – Tablespoons of Granulated Onion
* 2 – Tablespoons of Rosemary
* 2 – Tablespoons of Dried Basil
* 2 – Tablespoons of Tyme
* 2 – Tablespoons of Oregano
* 1 – Tablespoon of Coarse Ground Black Pepper
* 1 – Tablespoon of Coriander seeds
* 1 – Teaspoon of Crushed Red pepper flakes
* 6 – Whole garlic cloves

TURKEY RUB:
* 1 – Cup of Honey Rub
* ½ - Cup of Turbinado Sugar
* 1 – TSP of Coarse Ground Black Pepper

TURKEY BASTING:
* Spray Butter
* 2 – Sticks of Butter
* Clover Honey

PREPARATION:

FRESH TURKEY OR TURKEY BREAST:
* Brine the day before your cook.
* Dump the Brine ingredients into the large Brining Bucket.
* Add 2 – Gallons of cold water and mix well until the salts and sugars have dissolved.
* On the day of your cook, remove the Turkey or Turkey Breasts from the brine and wash thoroughly.
* Place the Turkey Breasts on meat racks, and place inside aluminum pans
* Season all sides of the Turkey generously with the rub

YOUR COOK:

1. Set your Cooker to 200 degrees (Super Smoke if you have it)

2. Place Turkey Breast on the grill and smoke for 1 hour.

3. At the 1 hour mark, spray the turkey breasts with the liquid butter.

4. After 1 hour Set your Cooker to 325 degrees.

5. Set the meat probe for 145 degrees

6. Cook until internal meat temp reaches 145.

7. At 145 degrees remove turkey from the grill.

8. Place the Turkey Breast and meat rack inside an aluminum pan.

9. Coat the Turkey breast with honey, and reapply rub.

10. Place a stick of butter on top of each Turkey Breast, then wrap the pan tightly in aluminum foil.

11. Re-set your meat probe for 165 degrees and insert the meat probe into the Turkey Breast.

12. Return the Turkey breast to the grill and cook until internal meat temp reaches 165.

13. At 165 degrees remove Turkey Breast from the grill and let rest while wrapped for 30 minutes.

14. Run the juices from the aluminum pan through a fat separator.

15. Slice the Turkey breasts and pour juices over the turkey.

NOTES:
Finally one of my local grocery stores got some turkey breast in. No whole turkey yet.
So I got a small 3lb boneless turkey breast. I’m going to try my first brine using @RoadRunner18 brine recipe. ill cut the amount in half since it’s only 1 small breast. Not sure what rub I’ll be using.
The breast in in my fridge thawing. Im going to smoke it tomorrow. When brining, I don’t think I should let it brine overnight. Maybe 3-4 hours tomorrow morning before I throw it on the T grill?

Finally one of my local grocery stores got some turkey breast in. No whole turkey yet.
So I got a small 3lb boneless turkey breast. I’m going to try my first brine using @RoadRunner18 brine recipe. ill cut the amount in half since it’s only 1 small breast. Not sure what rub I’ll be using.
The breast in in my fridge thawing. Im going to smoke it tomorrow. When brining, I don’t think I should let it brine overnight. Maybe 3-4 hours tomorrow morning before I throw it on the T grill?
I’ve let mine 3 pound breast brine overnight and they’ve been good

Are you using a specific honey rub? Curious if you’ve tried any of the meat church rubs with this. I’ve got a small gathering next month pre-thanksgiving and may give this a go.

I use Butcher BBQ Original Blend Honey Rub

I haven’t decided which rub to use. I have 4 different MC rubs plus a couple of Traeger rubs and my own recipe rub. The brine is cooling at the moment. I’ll throw some ice in it and throw the breast inside for 3hrs before placing it in the grill.
One note, this will be my first time smoking in wet rainy weather. Should see some downpours throughout the afternoon.

Got a serious rookie question. This is my first time with Turkey breast. It’s a 3lb Butterball breast and it has the strings attached to it. I threw it all with string in my brine. Do I take the string off before throwing it in my T grill? Or with the string attached?

Got a serious rookie question. This is my first time with Turkey breast. It’s a 3lb Butterball breast and it has the strings attached to it. I threw it all with string in my brine. Do I take the string off before throwing it in my T grill? Or with the string attached?
i cut the string off.

I think the string is needed only if you are stuffing the bird.

If it is in the elastic net package, that stuff is a pain if you leave it on and season the bird. A lot of your spicing will come off when you remove it to carve it up when it's done.
I cut that netting off on anythingit is on when I cook it (pork here also has that on at times). If the breast looks like it could use a tie, I will add a couple pieces of meat string to hold it's shape.

Does this look right? I thought a Turkey breast is suppose to be one piece? Not broken up into 2, 3 or 4 pieces. I decided on Holy Gospel rub. Had a little left in the bottle. Just beginning to rain here.

Does this look right? I thought a Turkey breast is suppose to be one piece? Not broken up into 2, 3 or 4 pieces. I decided on Holy Gospel rub. Had a little left in the bottle. Just beginning to rain here.
Sometimes those frozen butterballs come out in multiple pieces.....sometimes one solid piece. I’m not sure how to tell since it’s all frozen and somewhat compressed when you buy them.

I’ve had both holy gospel and cow on turkey and both were very good.

What time and temp you rocking?

Back