Smoke

Casper

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Hi

My timberline 850 keep going up and down in temp when I am on super smoke.

Do any of you have the same problem ?

Casper

What temp are you set at, and what is the fluctuation range? In super smoke, the fan motor is cycled and the unit feeds the pellets as needed to maintain the set temp, some temp "hunting" is expected because this is fire and wood burning with a computer trying to regulate the process.

I had my Ironwood on SuperSmoke at 210 last night and then bumped it to 225 in the morning. Take a look at the graph data from my MEATER probe.

Very interesting fluctuation. At least its quasi consistent fluctuation. :)

On supersmoke the D2 controller will cycle with emphasis on smoke quality. Since the fan and auger are variable the control should be tighter. So it's a choice in most cases.

On the older more simplified logic, (Pro Controller) the auger will feed pellets for 15 seconds. A user adjustable delay or P setting will vary the time between auger rotation cycles. This is set based on your seasonal ambient temperature. This was handy for us in the frozen tundra ?

On supersmoke the D2 controller will cycle with emphasis on smoke quality. Since the fan and auger are variable the control should be tighter. So it's a choice in most cases.

On the older more simplified logic, (Pro Controller) the auger will feed pellets for 15 seconds. A user adjustable delay or P setting will vary the time between auger rotation cycles. This is set based on your seasonal ambient temperature. This was handy for us in the frozen tundra ?

I just installed a new controller on an older grill and no longer see the hole where the P Setting was previously modified...is the P Setting no longer a thing?

Traeger parts should be able to shed light on this. I changed out a controller with the "P" hole on the upper right side of the display last april.

Back