Smoke Tube?

Flatlander

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Hi. I have a Pro 575 and thoroughly enjoy using it. Before my Traeger I was doing my low and slows on a BGE and really liked the smoke flavor the wood chunks would produce. I'm still getting know my Traeger but the wood flavor, while acceptable, is not as strong as I would like. I've seen a few posts about using a smoke tube and would like to hear what folks think about incorporating these and any recommendations.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link. Do you think Ione of those butane torches used in the kitchen will work to light the tube?
@GrillMeister - I just tried it on some loose pellets and they ignited just fine. I think this will work like a champ. Thanks again

I smoke at 225º with Texas Beef pellets and find the smoke to be perfect. What temp / pellets are you using? I don't think you'd need a doodad like that in a 575.

So you went with the kit eh? Let me know if you are allowed to store in the kitchen like market. 🤪 That's the one to get though. I won't roll.

1613314858475.png

That's the one I got... it works great.. but my Butane Torch took a CRAP on me, so I'm going back to propane

I use a MAPP torch. I've had one for over a decade and use it to start the lump charcoal for the ceramic cookers. It works great starting the smoker tubes. I've been using it to melt ice on locks and stuff this week too. The thing with MAPP torches is that they work upside down where propane won't. They burn hotter too. Plus, if you ever need to sweat some copper plumbing joints...

1613318662953.png

I use a MAPP torch. I've had one for over a decade and use it to start the lump charcoal for the ceramic cookers. It works great starting the smoker tubes. I've been using it to melt ice on locks and stuff this week too. The thing with MAPP torches is that they work upside down where propane won't. They burn hotter too. Plus, if you ever need to sweat some copper plumbing joints...

View attachment 4214
Yep that is exactly what I have, works great for starting charcoal and my firepit.

So you went with the kit eh? Let me know if you are allowed to store in the kitchen like market. 🤪 That's the one to get though. I won't roll.

View attachment 4213
The only time it will see the inside of the house is if is being washed. So no worries. Lol

View attachment 4214

YES sorry but this is the one I was getting AGAIN anyway... MAPP not propane, it was just easier to type propane cuz it was in my head...
I have taken all my burners to the hunting cabin and left them there... (firestarters)... 2 years in a row, you'd think I'd learn.
I also have Acetylene and tip, but that's on the job way up north...

Plus, if you ever need to sweat some copper plumbing joints...

and that's what I bought them for, but the cabin is 105 minutes away and I'll just buy a new one and charge it to the job

Back