Smoke out the grease hole

GrillMeister

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
All my smoke exits out of my grease hole. Any ideas?

Can't touch that. :)

Seriously, what are your smoking temps? I get smoke out the drain hole when it starts up, but it comes out all over too. I get smoke out that same spot when it catches fire too. I just need to clean it more often on the drip edge.

OP
OP
Cobra7

Cobra7

Reaction score
Grill
885 Ironwood

Seriously, what are your smoking temps? I get smoke out the drain hole when it starts up, but it comes out all over too. I get smoke out that same spot when it catches fire too. I just need to clean it more often on the drip edge.
I normally smoke at 225 but I grill a lot at 500 and it seems worse at the higher temperatures.

PriceMP5

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
A lot of the times when grilling at higher temps the food residue on the grates and in the drip areas smoke a bit, similar to olive oil when cooking at high temps. I’ve found that to be the reasoning anytime smoke is coming out of the grease drip

OP
OP
Cobra7

Cobra7

Reaction score
Grill
885 Ironwood
A lot of the times when grilling at higher temps the food residue on the grates and in the drip areas smoke a bit, similar to olive oil when cooking at high temps. I’ve found that to be the reasoning anytime smoke is coming out of the grease drip
Thanks!

Beck's Grille

Reaction score
Grill

Yeah, I was going to say that. I know I have issues if I don't clean mine out after every 1-2 smokes. But when it's clean, it works great! But it does take my briskets quite a while to smoke, so I have learned patience. LOL...

Latest Discussions