Small Brisket Question

dblcrona

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Ok, I’m still relatively new to Pellet grilling and I am attempting my first brisket today. I decided to get a small one for my first attempt so it is 2.33 lbs. my recipe from Traeger says it is for a 5 to 7 lb brisket and says 7 hours of cook time. Is it safe to say that mine will take half that time? Just trying to plan so I’m not eating dinner at 10:30 tonight. Thanks

I would plan for 5 hours of cook time with a wrap and i would certainly wrap if its that small.. If you have a small cooler, you can always store it if its done early. I'd also consider injecting it to help with some moisture retaining in the flat.
Also, who eats dinner at 10:30??

I would plan for 5 hours of cook time with a wrap and i would certainly wrap if its that small.. If you have a small cooler, you can always store it if its done early. I'd also consider injecting it to help with some moisture retaining in the flat.
Also, who eats dinner at 10:30??
Thanks, I will do that. I meant that if it takes a lot longer than I plan on I will be eating dinner late.

Ok, my first brisket turned out great! I’m really anxious to do a bigger one now, maybe for a picnic with a group of friends or something. It took about 4.5 hours and was done right on time for dinner. My wife loved it! On Saturday I’m doing my first ribs on the Traeger. Going to do the 321 ribs. One rack with regular BBQ sauce and the other with a mustard, Vinegar based BBQ sauce for my wife because she has an allergy to tomatoes. Both should be awesome!!

Awesome! glad to hear it! Just keep in mind, the bigger the meat the longer the cook time. A good base rule is 1.5 hours per pound of meat, i found this is close with a wrap. Can be longer without a wrap and cooking through the stall.

Latest Discussions

Back