Slow Ignition Warning?

Mr Reed

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
Brand new Timberline 1300 and I am getting this notice in the app. Takes about 20 to 25 mins to begin preheating. I am in South Fl so weather is not an issue. I set starting temp at 180. Any feedback?

I've had my Ironwood for a couple months. Now that our Ohio weather is colder I get this warning sometimes, which thus far results in nothing more than a longer ignition/PH session. But as you note, your issue would not be attributed to ambient temperatures. I'm just grasping at straws when I ask if your auger is fully primed before ignition such that pellets begin dropping into the pot immediately (or possibly even allowing a small amount to drop into the pot prior to ignition). Since it's brand new I'm assuming there isn't excess ash in your hopper. Happy Thanksgiving and I hope this gets resolved quickly for you!

Hi. I get the warning now that the temps are cold. Usually once near the freezing mark. It does take longer to ignite when the ambient temps drop. It will also happen if the auger isn't primed. My guess is it is a timing thing from time of ignition to flame on or preheat done

Hi. I get the warning now that the temps are cold. Usually once near the freezing mark. It does take longer to ignite when the ambient temps drop. It will also happen if the auger isn't primed. My guess is it is a timing thing from time of ignition to flame on or preheat done
Cold weather start up it said on my 780 but ignited in 5 minutes

Cold weather start up display said but ignited in 5 minutes..Happy Thanksgiving!!

Latest Discussions

Back