Silverton 810 or Timberline 1300?

They supposedly worked out the lid issue but I still don’t like the gap I saw in the store.
The Costco Traeger roadshow went by my local Costco and they didn’t have the larger Silverton. I don’t know if they make them anymore as I don’t see it as an option on the website. I didn’t look at the Century as I saw reviews that seemed to think the warming box was pulling heat from the rest of the smoker. Either way, I just decided Timberline and I am very happy with my choice. I just finished a cook while I had friends visit.
Looks Amazing! Thank you for your help! Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

The Timberline is a great Grill, you should be happy for a long time..... You might consider the insulation project on your Timberline (did a cook list night it was 37 and the TImberline came right up). However I found that the Insulation is a great Mod (even at 500 the lid stays at 100 or so) and you can only really do it on a Timberline.

After considering many variables in choosing the right Traeger for me, I just ordered the Silverton 810 from Costco. Two main reasons that resonated with me, 1st, it is closer to the Timberline in many features than the Ironwood and 2nd, Costco's return policy. I compared Ace, The Home Depot and couple other local dealers and Costco gives the most peace of mind just incase something is not right.

The Traeger model line up inclusive of Costco's based on my subjective findings:
Entry level: Traeger Pro models
Mid Tier: Century models (Costco) - Then the Ironwood
Top tier: Silverton models (Costco) - Then the Timberline (Top of the line)

I look forward to learning from this forum to smoke the best meats, veggies, baked goods, etc. Happy Holidays!

Latest Discussions

Back