Silverton 620 meat probe “grommet”?

Oconee Kid

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 620
Hello! I just assembled a Silverton 620 (model TFS62G) purchased online through Costco. I am confused, however, about the meat probe “pass through” from the probe jack into the cooking area. I see no grommet on either side of the grill as indicated in the manual to allow entry. The Silverton manual posted on the Traeger website suggests there is a notch on the front lip of the grill to rest to heat-resistant wire. My grill seems to be lacking both? Thought? Ideas? Thanks.

Does your new Silverton 620 have the new WiFire controller? If so, you have the newer design that does not have a passthrough notch or hole with a grommet. The newer Silverton design has a small gap between the lid and the base which gives enough room for the probe wire to fit through without pinching.

Does your new Silverton 620 have the new WiFire controller? If so, you have the newer design that does not have a passthrough notch or hole with a grommet. The newer Silverton design has a small gap between the lid and the base which gives enough room for the probe wire to fit through without pinching.

So are you just saying it can be passed through anywhere between the lid and the base?

Does on mine and has worked for over a month without error.

@Jimofatl how is that working for you? My biggest complaint about my Silverton is all the gaps that allow smoke to escape. Feel like more smoke comes out around the edges of the lid than it does from the downdraft exhaust.

They will all leak, not only the Silverton. I've had two, but after sealing there were no problems....

Thanks! Was banging my head thinking I was missing something!
Thanks for asking that question and all the great replies. I only got a partial head-banging concussion from trying to figure out your same question!

Back