Should I buy Pro22 or 575

Hallerp1968

Reaction score
Help. I’m about to pull the trigger and can’t decide between the Pro22 or 575. It’s about. $200 difference. WiFi is cool but not worth the difference. What am I missing?

Would I do better spending the extra on a Pro34?

I like the pill shaped barrel of the 575. Nice to have the extra height. The new control is quite a bit better too with more accurate temp control and the fan and auger independent and able to run at variable speeds, and you can get up to 500 on the 575. And the WiFi is a nice bonus. I had this dilemma too and ended up with the Ironwood 650 out of nowhere. But that’s an even bigger jump in $$.

Help. I’m about to pull the trigger and can’t decide between the Pro22 or 575. It’s about. $200 difference. WiFi is cool but not worth the difference. What am I missing?

I was planning on the pro 22, after getting to HD and not finding the one they supposedly had in stock, I went with the 575. A little more than I wanted to pay, and the thinking is wifi was just not something I needed. Glad I got it. Nice smoker, easy to use and the WiFi is fantastic. Smoked a brisket the other day. Ran errands, checked temp and adjusted while out and about. I will add I have a strong WiFi signal to my pro, so I have had zero connection problems. Others, I’ve read haven’t been as fortunate, so factor that into your decision. The 34, a dear friend has and loves. No WiFi. If your choice is WiFi or size, you have to ask yourself how much cooking, for how many people? I did a 12 pound brisket, a 5 pound pork butt, and could have put on a rack of ribs on the upper rack all at the same time. It’s my wife and I (son still at home). So it’s plenty of space for me. If you have a large family or want to smoke a lot at a time, then maybe size is what you need to consider. For me it came down to did I want to pay extra for the 575 and WiFi or keep looking for a 22. So I just pulled the trigger on it. The ironwood line really is appealing, but yeah, that’s a sizable jump in price. And I wasn’t sure it was worth that much of a jump. But, thats what I thought about WiFi too. Lol. I’m happy with my pro 575, the size and the features. Good luck on your choice, I suspect you’ll be happy either way.

Neither one, Look at the Silverton from Costco and you will get the storage cabinet, shelves, D2 Controller, WiFi and pay $200 less for the whole thing. They even throw in a cover for free. IMO, yes the WiFi is worth having, I use it EVERY time I cook with the grill by checking the grill temp and internal meat temp. Now we even have 500* top temp for searing. Link to the Silverton below.

Last edited:
I like having the wifi as well. I use it quite a bit to check the cook as I'm working around the property.

Neither one, Look at the Silverton from Costco and you will get the storage cabinet, shelves, D2 Controller, WiFi and pay $200 less for the whole thing. They even throw in a cover for free. IMO, yes the WiFi is worth having, I use it EVERY time I cook with the grill by checking the grill temp and internal meat temp. Now we even have 500* top temp for searing. Link to the Silverton below.

I was going to add, get the front shelf, the Silverton has one. So I have to agree with Dzacco. Definitely worth exploring.

I like having the wifi as well. I use it quite a bit to check the cook as I'm working around the property.
It’s really a feature that I didn’t think I’d care for one way of the other, but then when you have it, it really is nice. I like sitting in the house and just checking my phone. The weekend after I purchased, ran to Lowe’s for some plumbing stuff. Told my bride to watch brisket when gone. She said ok, but I thought you could do that from the phone. Lol, and I did. Right there at Lowe’s, chamber temp, meat probe temp. Bumped down the heat a little to slow it down. I am not comfortable leaving it going without someone being home..... but it’s nice I can monitor it remotely. Very nice feature.

The Wifire is worth every penny to me....I have a Timberline and would not own one without Wi-Fire

If either come with WiFire I would purchase the one that DOES NOT have that feature. Although some have been able to get it to work I have not. The support team is great but try as we may we could not get it working. I have a 2.4GHz router, it's no more than 8 feet from the smoker, and when it finally tried to connect we got to the end of the process where I give my smoker a name and then it just closes without connecting. The application has real problems and if you look at the feedback on the Google app store you can see there are more 1-start ratings than anything.

WiFi is a game-changer. Smoke your meat and check on temps while you’re playing golf, shopping, running errands.

Agree with others on the Costco Silverton. The shelves and cover plus free shipping to your home is an option hard to beat. The Silverton is sleeker looking than the 575 as it has no vertical chimney. I find the wi-fi to be indispensable. There is nothing like it.

Got me a 780 last summer. I use it at least twice a week. Love the WiFi. Smoked Boston butt for Easter while working. Done by the time I got home

Look, the wifi is great, but if you don’t need it, save the $$. I bought an ironwood 650, shoulda just bought the Pro and added a shelf.

Look, the wifi is great, but if you don’t need it, save the $$. I bought an ironwood 650, shoulda just bought the Pro and added a shelf.

You don't like the extra height in the barrel?

Back