Should I buy a Pro 575

jweakley

Reaction score
Grill
Lil Tex
I posted this on another thread, but I want to make sure that I reach the correct crowd. I am considering buying a Pro 575, but I hesitate because of the negative things I read about the 575 and other models, and criticism of Traeger customer service. I’m not inclined to want to fix mechanical issues on a new grill. Any thoughts from the membership?

I'm buying one and I know all about the ups and downs...
It's not perfect but no smoker is.

Whatever Traeger you buy, I would recommend buying it from Costco simply because if you get a lemon and Traeger support fails to respond, you can take it back for a full refund, no questions asked.

I know as I purchased a Century 22 years ago and it had a design flaw in the heat baffle. The baffle had to drop in and slide to secure it, but it warped so bad after a while it would not slide back in place. Traeger said they did not have that part anymore and would get back to me. 10 days later with no response, I returned the grill to Costco (I had it 9 months) and got a full refund and purchased a new Century 22. Whadaya know, that heat baffle design had changed. I still have that Century 22 and it works great.

Bottom line, Costco will take care of you if Traeger won't.

I’ve had mine for 2 months and love it, had a small issue with a noisy fan and they sent me a new fan so I have been impressed with customer service so far. As people seem to say on here, any of the problems you may bump into I am sure you will have the same if not more with other brands.

I clean mine quite often which I think will add to the longevity of it.

good luck!

Had some firmware issues several months ago and they seem to be cleared up, I didn't get those. My set temps are not accurate but they are consistent and I got a fireboard so I set temps based on that. I use the fireboard elsewhere so it's not just a single purpose tool and I'm glad I got it. Otherwise, I'd say that I'm happy with my Traeger Pro 575. It took a little time but I seem to have it down pat.

If you can swing the funds, and have space, go with the Pro 780. Which ever you go with, make sure you spring for the front shelf and cover. Love my 780.

I posted this on another thread, but I want to make sure that I reach the correct crowd. I am considering buying a Pro 575, but I hesitate because of the negative things I read about the 575 and other models, and criticism of Traeger customer service. I’m not inclined to want to fix mechanical issues on a new grill. Any thoughts from the membership?
I’ve had mine since June had a problem connecting to WiFi but it works fine now

I wasn't happy with my Pro 22 and eventually sold it. I missed smoking so I bought the 575. It is so much better and if there was any fault at all it would be its failure to maintain a low temp, e.g. 160-180f. Apart from that mine works great and do get the front tray, I couldn't do without that, it's so handy. The actual model will be determined by how much you want to cook at one time, the 575 is perfect for me so look at the larger models if you want to cook more.

I wasn't happy with my Pro 22 and eventually sold it. I missed smoking so I bought the 575. It is so much better and if there was any fault at all it would be its failure to maintain a low temp, e.g. 160-180f. Apart from that mine works great and do get the front tray, I couldn't do without that, it's so handy. The actual model will be determined by how much you want to cook at one time, the 575 is perfect for me so look at the larger models if you want to cook more.

I was hoping you didn't say that because I was buying my 575 to be able to control the LOW TEMP to do Deer Jerky!!!!

Had mine since March. Jerky no problem at all.
Smoke, bake, grill
Oven see no use.
Love the wifi
Love the app.
Customer service has always taken care of whatever issues I have had
I actually bought another one for my son inlaw
Pizza smashburgers butts chicken
Get it you won't regret it!!!

Attachments

• 20200712_112942.jpg
    20200712_112942.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200522_115755.jpg
    20200522_115755.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200707_173751.jpg
    20200707_173751.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 26
I would avoid a Traeger at costs. They have the worst customer service in the world. Been waiting for a replacement part for my Traeger for over 6 weeks. Get a different lie each time I call. I have been told that the part would ship within a week at least three different times. Guess what? Still no part.

Typical traeger incompetence...I was the first one to respond to this original post and spent the time to share my UNFORTUNATE experiences with this company and my 2 grills...I just came back now to see if there were any comments only to see it was NEVER posted...guess they obviously have a difficult seeing their faults and poor comments...not gonna repeat to have them ignore it again...good luck...

Typical traeger incompetence...I was the first one to respond to this original post and spent the time to share my UNFORTUNATE experiences with this company and my 2 grills...I just came back now to see if there were any comments only to see it was NEVER posted...guess they obviously have a difficult seeing their faults and poor comments...not gonna repeat to have them ignore it again...good luck...
You do realize that this forum is not connected to Traeger in any way?

If your post is missing, you screwed up and didn't actually get it posted, oh well.

Back