Pellets Sam's Club Pellets - Smokehouse brand?

Steevo

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Does anyone here have any experience/feedback on the pellets they sell at Sam's Club stores? Smokehouse brand blend.
Price is very reasonable on them. Blend is Hickory, Oak, Maple, Cherry.

They get good reviews here:

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Wow, $15 for 40 pounds is a great price if they produce good results!

OP
OP
Steevo

Steevo

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I picked up a bag today.
I will report back after a few cooks with them.

OP
OP
Steevo

Steevo

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
So far, so good.
Two cooks on these pellets now. The first was whole stuffed chicken breasts (smoked, then cooked at 375), roasted cauliflower & broccoli and bacon for warm salad (Traeger recipe).

The second cook was balsamic/honey glazed salmon fillets (also from Traeger app), smoked then cooked at 350), with grilled asparagus on the side.

Pellets performed well, smoked evenly, maintained heat well, and smoke flavor of both cooks was subtle and excellent. A good all-around blend for cooking most foods.

After two cooks, the pellet ash residue doesn't seem to be any more than the Traeger Signature Blend I used prior to these Smokehouse brand, or to the CampChef apple I used recently for ribs.

I think these are good pellets at a bargain price. I am going to pick up a couple more 40# bags while they are still in the Sam's Club store, since this is a seasonal item.

SD Guy

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
So far, so good.
Two cooks on these pellets now. The first was whole stuffed chicken breasts (smoked, then cooked at 375), roasted cauliflower & broccoli and bacon for warm salad (Traeger recipe).

The second cook was balsamic/honey glazed salmon fillets (also from Traeger app), smoked then cooked at 350), with grilled asparagus on the side.

Pellets performed well, smoked evenly, maintained heat well, and smoke flavor of both cooks was subtle and excellent. A good all-around blend for cooking most foods.

After two cooks, the pellet ash residue doesn't seem to be any more than the Traeger Signature Blend I used prior to these Smokehouse brand, or to the CampChef apple I used recently for ribs.

View attachment 336

I think these are good pellets at a bargain price. I am going to pick up a couple more 40# bags while they are still in the Sam's Club store, since this is a seasonal item.
Thanks for the review! I picked up a bag yesterday. You can't beat the price. If I like them I will probably stock up on them since it is a seasonal item.

Dave1972

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I’ve used them. Can’t tell a difference between those and traeger pellets. I also use pitboss and every other brand that’s on sale or I find at a good price. Haven’t been disappointed with any so far.

Latest Discussions