Ribs are a bit too fall off the bone

Removing that membrane is important... however the only EZ way I have ever found was to run faucet HOT water on the membrane side of the ribs only, the membrane turns white and it's very easy to grab a corner and peel... but since I just exposed my meat to hot water, I always do this right before applying my mustard, RUB then cooking right away...
If you use a paper towel to pull the membrane it comes off easily. I pull the edge up with a knife and grab it with paper towel and it usually comes off in one piece.

OH WOW, that's a new one on me... I have a Restaurant Depot 5 miles away so I like that place for rock bottom meat but I'll have to see these membrane free ribs at Cosco

Just make sure you rinse them. The Costco ribs smell awful because of the cryrovac. First time I got a pack I thought they were bad and threw them out.

3-2-1/275 method is a good guideline for cooking time, but, you MUST use a high quality meat thermometer that is properly placed inside the meat to achieve the correct internal temperature/texture. Overcooking ribs is very easy to do. If you are looking to get competition rib texture (bite), you MUST go by finishing temperature, not time/pit temp guidelines. Good luck and happy smokin'!

3-2-1/275 method is a good guideline for cooking time, but, you MUST use a high quality meat thermometer that is properly placed inside the meat to achieve the correct internal temperature/texture. Overcooking ribs is very easy to do. If you are looking to get competition rib texture (bite), you MUST go by finishing temperature, not time/pit temp guidelines. Good luck and happy smokin'!
OK, what temp? 140??

I think you should lower the temperature properly so that this problem can be avoided. Has your problem been solved now? Hope to see photos of the food you share

Back