Rep Traeger Email?

GrillMeister

⚒️ Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
I got this email from Traeger and personally I'm offended from it. Traeger is asking us to "Rep Traeger" and to buy their swag to show off while "Repping Traeger".

Perhaps it is just a poor choice of words to sell swag and the term "Rep" implies to me "help us sell more Traegers" and that's what many of us do all the time in this forum.

One would think they would toss us Traeger evangelists a hat or something to help "Rep" Traeger.

I guess the marketers were not thinking of the sales "rep" perspective, but probably just the "represent" part. Poorly executed marketing either way.

1634490389915.png

I got this email from Traeger and personally I'm offended from it. Traeger is asking us to "Rep Traeger" and to buy their swag to show off while "Repping Traeger".

Perhaps it is just a poor choice of words to sell swag and the term "Rep" implies to me "help us sell more Traegers" and that's what many of us do all the time in this forum.

One would think they would toss us Traeger evangelists a hat or something to help "Rep" Traeger.

I guess the marketers were not thinking of the sales "rep" perspective, but probably just the "represent" part. Poorly executed marketing either way.

View attachment 7451
This is EXACTLY how I took the email. It is a pretty poor approach to achieving what they want.
No way on earth would this type of approach would ever make me want to be on that bandwagon
Give me a reason to rep your product, don't just expect we would jump at the chance to buy more stuff to promote your products. This may work for Harley Davidson, but they have established their market over years. Traeger, you aren't anywhere close to that experience (ps, not a Harley fan-boy but applaud their marketing success)

Offended? Absolutely. Surprised? Absolutely not. Being a publicly traded company they are beholden to many masters now including the Wall Street analysts who look for quarterly improvement in performance. Same guys who brought you $30 bags of Meat Church pellets. It 'aint going away.

AMEN, guys!!

I like my Traeger but I sure don't worship it.

Some of us should be proud in our cooks for sure, but not because of the grill, but because we overcome the grill and still put out great smoked food

I guess I just took it as them asking if we wanted to buy some Traeger apparel......nothing more or less than that. However I won’t be doing that or selling them either one.

My understanding is their consumer products are made in China but some or all of their commercial products are made in the US

AMEN, guys!!

I like my Traeger but I sure don't worship it.

Some of us should be proud in our cooks for sure, but not because of the grill, but because we overcome the grill and still put out great smoked food
I’d rather wear Fireboard stuff! 😁

I confess, I only wear these when I grill from now on
15_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg

Last edited:
It think that if I had gotten that e-mail I would have responded by asking them how much they were going to pay me to "rep", or in proper English, represent them by advertising their products. I might have even asked if they were going to send appropriate "swag" that I would wear when I represent them. Companies like Nike or sports teams get millions of dollars worth of free advertising AFTER the customer pays for their company logo items. I like Resistol western hats, but you don't see any with their name embroidered all over it do you. Nope, as I, nor anyone else would buy their product.

It think that if I had gotten that e-mail I would have responded by asking them how much they were going to pay me to "rep", or in proper English, represent them by advertising their products. I might have even asked if they were going to send appropriate "swag" that I would wear when I represent them. Companies like Nike or sports teams get millions of dollars worth of free advertising AFTER the customer pays for their company logo items. I like Resistol western hats, but you don't see any with their name embroidered all over it do you. Nope, as I, nor anyone else would buy their product.

In that case, you would have received a follow-up email stating that was an unmonitored email address. :) :)

Lots of guys are extremely brand loyal (see Harley Davidson ). They will not only not be offended but rather LOVE this idea. To each their own. I would recommend not getting too upset over a marketing email. 😁

Back