Rats and Mice

G562533

Reaction score
Grill
Select Elite
Has anyone had mice or rats get in their control box area and destroy the wiring and motors completely? I had that happen and just install a new hopper/control assembly. The old assembly had a grate on the bottom with slots that, evidently weren’t small enough to keep the rodents out. The new assembly doesnt even have a bottom which is shocking. I am thinking about just drilling holes and reinstalling the old grate and possibly adding some fine wire mesh which will prevent this from happening again. Thoughts????

I haven't had any problems yet but if I did I'd screen up the bottom.

My Ironwood has a slotted bottom plate, no way rodents are getting in. They would have to chew through some steel to do so. Would be easier to get up the grease drain and inside to eat the tasty drippings instead I think...

My Ironwood has a slotted bottom plate, no way rodents are getting in. They would have to chew through some steel to do so. Would be easier to get up the grease drain and inside to eat the tasty drippings instead I think...
You would be surprised, they got through my slotted bottom and destroyed my motors, fan blades, and wiring to make a nest. See the grate on the pic

Attachments

• FE85751E-4998-45A4-986B-02BC665A5940.jpeg
    FE85751E-4998-45A4-986B-02BC665A5940.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 568
You would be surprised, they got through my slotted bottom and destroyed my motors, fan blades, and wiring to make a nest. See the grate on the pic
Brutal. Was it an expensive repair?

Actually traeger covered all of it, awesome customer service

Good to hear that they covered it. Mice are all cartilage and can squeeze through some small holes.

I inquired via the contact page on the Traeger website about the lack of a protective plate on the bottom of my Pro34. The response from the ESL folks was prompt: "Don't worry about animals destroying the wiring. It doesn't taste good to them."
:oops:

Actually traeger covered all of it, awesome customer service
Were you still under warranty? I just woke up to a chewed up grill cover, power cord, and temperature control wire. Grill was clean. They squeezed thru the top between the hopper and main body. About to open up to see how bad the damage is.

Were you still under warranty? I just woke up to a chewed up grill cover, power cord, and temperature control wire. Grill was clean. They squeezed thru the top between the hopper and main body. About to open up to see how bad the damage is.
Not really sure, I had my pro about 2 years or so, give them a call and explain your situation. They were very easy to deal with.

Latest Discussions

Back