Ranger meat probe

timjet

Reaction score
Grill
Ranger
Hi folks
New to the forum. I just bought a Ranger and planning my first cook tonight, a sirloin pork roast.
Before hand I fired it up and seasoned it by setting the temp to 450. It worked well and I shut it down going through the proper shutdown sequence.
I wanted to test the meat probe so I fire it up today to 200 deg. Once it got to 200 deg I inserted the meat probe into the jack and pressed the center button and nothing happened. Its suppose to read the probe temp, but nothing changed, the display just showed the grill temp. I tried it several times and same thing, the display continues to show the grill temp but not the probe temp which is at a much lower temp since it was not inside the grill.
Any suggestions?

WELCOME....

maybe stick the probe into the rubber grommet but just stick it in till you get to the curved part and stop... fire up the grill and see if it works at a higher temp...

if not CALL Traeger

Hi folks
New to the forum. I just bought a Ranger and planning my first cook tonight, a sirloin pork roast.
Before hand I fired it up and seasoned it by setting the temp to 450. It worked well and I shut it down going through the proper shutdown sequence.
I wanted to test the meat probe so I fire it up today to 200 deg. Once it got to 200 deg I inserted the meat probe into the jack and pressed the center button and nothing happened. Its suppose to read the probe temp, but nothing changed, the display just showed the grill temp. I tried it several times and same thing, the display continues to show the grill temp but not the probe temp which is at a much lower temp since it was not inside the grill.
Any suggestions?
Just a thought, double check that you are fully inserting the plug. Maybe it's stiff at first, firmly insert.

Otherwise it's a call to service.

For anyone seeing this I figured it out. I have to press the center button several times and it sequences to the probe temp and the count down timer and then back to the pit temp. Hope this helps anyone reading this.

In Scanning multiple Forum entries, you may want consider something like a Fireboard 2 vs the Traeger Probe...

Thanks John, my wife has a Grill Grate temp probe for her Green Egg that I'll use. It monitors both the pit and food temp and has a remote.

For anyone seeing this I figured it out. I have to press the center button several times and it sequences to the probe temp and the count down timer and then back to the pit temp. Hope this helps anyone reading this.
This is just one example of the errors in the manual for the Ranger. Another has to do with the cool down being fixed to 5 minutes which is not what the manual suggests.

My first time using the probe, same problem. Traeger customer service couldn’t help, so I tried here. Your solution worked perfectly. Thanks!! Otherwise, LOVE my new grill!

Latest Discussions

Back