Ranger adjustable feet

GregSchwartz

Reaction score
Grill
Ranger
Does anyone know of a company where you can get adjustable feet to level the Ranger smoker grill?
Preferably that can just be slid into or over the square feet.

I'm thinking something like this might work. I need to get the grill from my RV for accurate dimensions and I plan to 3D print it in PETG. I'll post back here if I have any sucess. Drawing below is very rough draft. I'll need to go through a few prototypes to get it how I want.

The rubber feet have to be the worst design ever. I loose at least 2 hauling out of the RV storage area.😂

Any suggestions would be appriciated.
Traeger Ranger Adj Foot v3.png

Came out better than I expected. Before and After Pics.

I'll post to Thingiverse soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpeg
    IMG_0515.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0516.jpeg
    IMG_0516.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0518.jpeg
    IMG_0518.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 87
Here is the link to the files on Thingiverse

I have tested a few times now and no issues even at 450F.

Enjoy and good luck with the print!

Here is the link to the files on Thingiverse

I have tested a few times now and no issues even at 450F.

Enjoy and good luck with the print!
Hello there! I had just stumbled upon this item and think it is super awesome and useful! Any chance you would be willing to sell these? I would love to place an order! Thank you!

Hey Roostir, thanks for the kind words. I don't have plans to sell them because at the end of the day, these are plastic. I looked at using more robust plastics like PEEK and even some Carbon Fiber PEKK , but this would require a more robust printer than I have and would be cost prohibitive ($100 + bucks a roll).

I had a small oil/grease fire while using the cast iron griddle cooking home fries and it caused some deformation on one of the legs. It was a heck of a time picking the plastic out of the leg to replace it. I'm just not comfortable selling something that is not more perfect.

What would be really cool is if someone could replicate these in metal (maybe even aluminum). I would even buy those!

I changed up the design a bit to make it easier to 3D Print and to reduce heat damage.

InkBird

Latest Discussions

Back