Question for Ironwood 650 owners

TXFIre

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Thinking of exchanging my Pro 575 for the Ironwood 650.
I’ve read a few Ironwood owners are having trouble with temps below 225.
How is the grill running other than that?
I don’t want to exchange out of one problem in to another.

Mine works fantastic at 230f and above and holds temps well and no complaints in that region. The issue is 225 and below. When I set it at 225 it runs 184-194 consistently. I ran a pork shoulder for 5 hours and had to crank it to 230 and it held 225 to 235 the rest of the way. I have test a few cooks like that so Traeger could view my data.

I guess I will take a chance on the 650 if Ace approves an exchange.
Thanks

First link...3-2-1 gets my vote lol

Hopefully I will have better luck with the Ironwood over the Pro 575 I returned today.

I really want an IronWood. Hope they soon get the bugs out.

I was going to return my problematic 575 in for an ironwood as well...

So so far no issues from anyone with the ironwood? Besides under 225. Which isnt a problem for me all my cooks are 225+

My 650 has been good. Replacement controller and firmware update but it's all good. It works well

I was going to return my problematic 575 in for an ironwood as well...

So so far no issues from anyone with the ironwood? Besides under 225. Which isnt a problem for me all my cooks are 225+

The only issue I had was it felt like it took longer to recover then advertised. However, the latest firmware seems to have fixed that!

No more problems have been solved with the update (temperature below 225) only a crack at the lid on both sides.

Back