Pulsating after a couple minutes then shutting off

Insproducer

Reaction score
Grill
Treager BBQ075
I am having trouble with my Treager BBQ075. It appears to start up correctly however after a couple minutes the digital temp screen starts to blink until shutting down completely. When this happens, every time the screen blinks, the fans and auger motor appear to, sound like they are pulsating at the same time until the unit shuts down completely. The only way to get the unit to start back up is to unplug the 110 volt plug from the wall and wait a couple minutes and plug it back in. After that, the unit starts up fine and continues to do the same thing after a couple minutes. Both fans, igniter, and the auger are working up until the digital temp starts to blink and unitl the units quits. Is my controller bad? if so, is there a replacement controller that is recommended? Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Hmm, that sounds like either a loose power cord, or a failing internal power supply. Something is intermittent, loose connection or impending complete fail.

Hmm, that sounds like either a loose power cord, or a failing internal power supply. Something is intermittent, loose connection or impending complete fail.
Thanks for the fast response. I have checked all of the connections and used dielectric grease on all as well as the power cord and all seem to be OK. Is the power supply you mentioned within the control panel?

Thanks for the fast response. I have checked all of the connections and used dielectric grease on all as well as the power cord and all seem to be OK. Is the power supply you mentioned within the control panel?
Unfortunately I don't know your model. Earlier Traegers use A/C power so everything is in the controller. Newer models are DC powered and have a power supply module clamped inside the lower pellet hopper bay.

Back