Problems with Ironwood 650

Ingo

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Dear All,

my name is Ingo and I am from Hamburg in Germany. So first of all I have to excuse myself for my english-skills but as you can imagine english is not my mothers tongue so you might find some mistakes in my postings here. Sorry for that!

I bought an Ironwood 650 6 months ago. After having some problems with reaching and keeping temperaturs between 200° and 250° my dealer gave me a new temperature sensor which fixed the problem.

But last week there was another scary situation. I prepared pulled pork and short ribs and somewhere the smoker stopped working and I found it in standby mode with some ember left. I restarted the Traeger and everything was fine.

Few minutes ago I had the same problem. There was a small little beep coming out of the Traeger and the auger and fan stopped working. After 30 seconds there was a second beep and auger and fan started working again but I wasn't able to put the smoker into the super smoke mode (the display confirmed the super smoker but nothing happend).

So guys, what do you think about this? From my point of view the controller should be exchanged or is there anything else I can do to solve this issue?

Ingo

Dear All,

my name is Ingo and I am from Hamburg in Germany. So first of all I have to excuse myself for my english-skills but as you can imagine english is not my mothers tongue so you might find some mistakes in my postings here. Sorry for that!

I bought an Ironwood 650 6 months ago. After having some problems with reaching and keeping temperaturs between 200° and 250° my dealer gave me a new temperature sensor which fixed the problem.

But last week there was another scary situation. I prepared pulled pork and short ribs and somewhere the smoker stopped working and I found it in standby mode with some ember left. I restarted the Traeger and everything was fine.

Few minutes ago I had the same problem. There was a small little beep coming out of the Traeger and the auger and fan stopped working. After 30 seconds there was a second beep and auger and fan started working again but I wasn't able to put the smoker into the super smoke mode (the display confirmed the super smoker but nothing happend).

So guys, what do you think about this? From my point of view the controller should be exchanged or is there anything else I can do to solve this issue?

Ingo
Sounds like you have a bad controller. I’ve had my Ironwood 885 since July and it’s been an absolute joy.
With few exceptions it holds temps within a few degrees of the one set. I’ve recently discovered with cold outside temperatures in the upper 20’s low 30’s it has no problem getting to and maintaining the set temperature, which was something I was concerned about. Traeger’s good about dealing with problems .

Thanks for your quick answer. I already talked to my dealer and he will forward my message to Traeger Europe. I will keep you posted!

Hallo Ingo!

Feel free to reply in German, I can read it pretty well.

I have a friend in Munich that bought an Ironwood 885, and asked for my advice. I took a look at the ad for him and he was looking at a Generation 1 of the Ironwood at first and I told him he wanted the D2 WireFire edition.

Is yours the older version?

Gruss!

Hallo Grillmeister :)

We are talking about the D2 version. I had the stopping-Traeger-problem last weekend again. Fortunately I had to smoke only some salmon which takes normally one hour. So solution for this situation was: Grab some beer and sit next to the smoker....

My dealer reported this problem via Traeger Europe directly to Traeger US -I will keep you posted guys.

Das wird schon :)

Gruß und guten Start in den Tat!

Back