Pro22

Garbagetraeger

Reaction score
Grill
Pro22
I certainly hope that buyers read this before they even think about purchasing a Traeger grill! It's a waste of your time and money! I use charcoal smoker, and a propane grill! Upon my propane grill and my smoker due to age decided that it was time to get rid of them. I heard so many great things about the trigger Grill. But all are a lie! Under no circumstances would have Traeger grill be an oven, a convection oven, or a grill! No model Traeger makes is capable of doing any of what they claim it will do! I'm a professional chef. And I would never say to anybody oh yeah go buy a Traeger grill they're the best in the world. Never would I say that b*******. So please read this, and other reviews. Don't fall into the hype! Traeger Grills are a waste of your time and money.! You will never be able to grill on a Traeger! You will never get sear marks or a sear at all. Even if it's a vegetable! Go ahead and try roasting your vegetables on your Traeger grill at the highest temperature you can set it on. Go ahead and try! Go ahead and try to make a good tasting hamburger on a Traeger grill! It will never happen! Go ahead and try to cook yourself a pineapple upside down cake. I have tried, the Traeger grill is not a oven! Nor is it a convection oven! I could tell you what it is, it's a waste of your time and money! When it comes down to smoking it's a piece of s***!

Spend more time learning to use the grill and less time ranting and you’ll be just fine.
AGREED, you should have done your homework before purchasing their lowest and most basic grill.

No model Traeger makes is capable of doing any of what they claim it will do!

Hmmmmm I wonder where I got all this really good cooked food from then???
scratchheadyellow.gif

Hmmmmm I wonder where I got all this really good cooked food from then??? View attachment 9903
Well, I’m no chef but I would have sworn the pulled pork that I make is pretty darn tasty every single time.

But I’ll be the first to say that Traeger isn’t the “end all”. I’m grateful that I have 3 other grills!

You would think a good chef would know how to cook something on a Traeger. I'm no chef and I make some great meals on it.

"When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
I "baked" a mac and cheese Saturday in mine, cooked salmon Thursday, pizza a couple of weeks ago, smoked cheddar this week...

No, it's not going to do a proper sear "out of the box" that's what iron is for. You cannot char peppers with it, use your broiler. I don't think there is a grill out there that can help you do a proper Bearnaise sauce.

I'm happy with mine.

Of course smoking is where it shines. It is a smoker after all. I’ve made great pulled pork, ribs and brisket. My chicken (whole or parts) has never been juicier. I’ve made smoked Mac and cheese. Chicago style pizzas, which turn out amazing. Even a decent burger. Just did corn on the cob with roasted baby potatoes last night. I’m no “chef”, but I can make damn good food on a Traeger. I’m sorry, but this guy is no chef.

I certainly hope that buyers read this before they even think about purchasing a Traeger grill! It's a waste of your time and money! I use charcoal smoker, and a propane grill! Upon my propane grill and my smoker due to age decided that it was time to get rid of them. I heard so many great things about the trigger Grill. But all are a lie! Under no circumstances would have Traeger grill be an oven, a convection oven, or a grill! No model Traeger makes is capable of doing any of what they claim it will do! I'm a professional chef. And I would never say to anybody oh yeah go buy a Traeger grill they're the best in the world. Never would I say that b*******. So please read this, and other reviews. Don't fall into the hype! Traeger Grills are a waste of your time and money.! You will never be able to grill on a Traeger! You will never get sear marks or a sear at all. Even if it's a vegetable! Go ahead and try roasting your vegetables on your Traeger grill at the highest temperature you can set it on. Go ahead and try! Go ahead and try to make a good tasting hamburger on a Traeger grill! It will never happen! Go ahead and try to cook yourself a pineapple upside down cake. I have tried, the Traeger grill is not a oven! Nor is it a convection oven! I could tell you what it is, it's a waste of your time and money! When it comes down to smoking it's a piece of s***!
You make some valid points, if I had it to do again I am not sure I would spend $1500 for a Traeger. There are a lot of pellet grills to chose from that I am GUESSING do the same or better job for less money. With that said I have made some pretty yummy meals on my Traeger. Hams, Turkeys, Briskets, Pork-bellies for homemade bacon and many other items. I wish I were a chef but I am not. Since you are a professional at cooking maybe that is part of your frustration that many of us just don’t understand. I would encourage you to work with your Traeger for a while to see if you can come up with something amazing, if that turns out to be the case please share, I would love to try something new created by a chef. Best of luck, I hope to hear from you!

Dear Garbage…

…I’m sitting here smiling…not at you BUT WITH you in the displeasure that perhaps YOU and MYSELF both drank too much Traeger KOOL-AID…please read me out…I hear and acknowledge every beef (no pun intended) with your purchase…

…not only did I buy one 5 years ago, I had to have the new one with the ELECTRONICS !! …cause that was too cool for school…BOUGT IT 2 years ago and lost 100’s in the deal BUT at least I had the new one” (yeah, i know, I’m a douche…but be kind as I was still on the KOOL-AID…LOL)…and was never able to get it to work with my wi-fi even though it was 7’ away…you had to hear those cus ser peeps try to make me accept that…

…OK…now…I have found that it REALLY is a smoker that works pretty well some of the time…NOT ALL…it does a great job with that…does a great job with chicken and even steaks too…partial grill marks not CHARRED…I’ve done pizza and thats nice too…

…as someone pointed out it REALLY IS NOT A GRILL and that’s what I came to realize when i stopped drinking the KOOL-AID…I went out and bought a Weber Q grill and it is actually my go-to grill for MOST of my grilling ‘cause I sold my BIG FANCY WEBER while on was drinking “the stuff” and listened to the preacher tell me the Traeger is my salvation !!

…I know you will come to enjoy it in a LIMITED fashion once you accept that, “it’s a smoker that tries to pass as a grill on occasion”…please keep me in the loop as I’ll be sitting in the last pew wearing the JOE, BERNIE and HILARY SUCKS button on my lapel…!!

…I don’t come here often but i saw your pain and hoped I could help…oh yeah…you already know the “temperature” of most of the people here…I’m chuckling again as it says I’m from SHEBOYGAN …LOL…i thought if it was good enough for John Candy and Steve Martin…it’s good enough for me …chuckle and enjoy what you can…a few weeks off “the stuff” and your head will clear…I promise and I also gave ACCURATE TESTIMONY to 2 different friends and they bot bought other grills, not Traeger…so I feel really good about that too !! …be well…

Last edited:
I own a Traeger Ironwood 650 for SMOKING and an 18" Weber Jumbo Joe for GRILLING. While I've never tried making pineapple upside down cake like the chef, I have used my Traeger to SMOKE some pretty nice brisket, pork butt, pork ribs, beef ribs, etc. I've also used my Weber to GRILL some tasty beef, chicken and fish. Also, I don't fill my BBQ's with temp probes to see how far off they are. I prefer to relax and enjoy the experience of grilling/smoking, instead of conducting a science experiment. When the food is done my internal temp probe tells me it's ready, then we eat. Life is short, eat well.

Latest Discussions

Back