Pro 575 v01.01.06

Slgoss

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Just noticed my WiFire updates to version 01.01.06. I don’t see any information on the Traeger website. Anyone know what the update did?

Alexa and Google assistant I'm guessing.

I will be waiting to hear how folks use this feature. It may be an actual purpose to use that damn Alexa device.

If it is Alexa, or something of the like, it seems silly to me to focus an upgrade on something like that when the system isn’t 100% perfect first. I don’t disagree that adding Alexa would be a cool feature but I think a better use of their developers time would be to make the WiFire/Connections/Temp controls perfect before adding that

I just started a brisket at 2:00 am. Outdoor temp was 38º. Before I started the cook, it updated to this version. So far, 5 hours into the cook, it's just chugged along as usual. Not sure what the firmware did, but it still reads 20º higher than my weber iGrill.

I can tell you it didn't fix the troubles I have been having in trying to get my Wi-Fire to work as advertised.

My WiFire quit connecting and I'm waiting on a new controller, which is backordered into December.

what problems are you having?
When trying to get the Traeger app set up, I can't get past the part where you give the grill a 'nickname'. I get a spinning icon and it never moves to the next step.
Some troubleshooting notes:
  • My wifi signal is plenty strong (I bought a wifi extender for this sole purpose, wifi signal strength at the grill is in the -45 -> -50 range)
  • I have verified that the grill has successfully connected to my wifi, both from the perspective of the grill and from the wifi router
  • I have verified that I have connection to the internet through my wifi
  • I'm running the latest grill firmware
  • I'm using the latest Traeger app version
  • I've tried this on three different android devices and two different iOS devices, I've had success with none of them
The most frustrating part is that I've been working with their customer support team for months, they keep asking the same questions and don't give me any useful answers.

Wow, that's cool! I'm plugging mine in tonight to see if it updates. I still wish there was a manual way to check for updates and force an upgrade.

First Cook with the new firmware. Not sure what they changed, didn't notice anything, But the results were pretty awesome.

Latest Discussions

Back