Pro 575 Temperature Issues

wdyer

Reaction score
Hello, we purchased the Pro 575 last week, followed all instructions for installation and seasoning and were anxious to try it, we wanted to follow specific Traeger recipes as we are new to pellet grilling. Saturday we did the 70 Minute Chicken Challenge and Sunday we did the Bloody Mary Flank Steak. We had a couple of sides for the chicken that were cooked at the same temp (375), we opened the grill a couple times, we thought the heat really dropped quickly and maybe we hadn't been quick enough adding the sides and kept the lid open too long. Anyway, the chicken took forever to cook, I mean forever, 2 1/2 hours! The skin never got crunchy but once it was done, the chicken was delicious, we used our own meat probe to determine when it was done, because something just didn't seem right and maybe us newbies didn't do something correct.
Yesterday was the flank steak with the grill set to (450), we followed all instructions to preheat and we were ready to try again, it was supposed to be cooked 7-10 minutes on each side and when we went to flip it, it didn't look ready to flip, bottom line, steak also took twice as long to cook then instructed. Once we got it to the proper cook temp of 135, it was again delicious but didn't have a sear/crunch.

Today we bought an Analog Instant Read Oven Thermometer and tested the display temps vs. thermometer, following all preheating instructions.
Set at 275 / Display Showed 271 / Thermometer 218
Set at 375 / Display Showed 370 / Thermometer 293
Set at 450 / Display Showed 455 / Thermometer 348

Now we know, I saw a few threads regarding this issue, anyone at customer service have an answer for those dealing with this same issue ?

Same here too.Waiting on a replacement thermocouple and D2 controller.

Did you notice any difference in accuracy after doing a temp probe calibration? There are instruction in the manual. I have yet to do this, so I am asking out of curiosity to see if it helped.

Good luck,

I'm getting the same problem here in the UK, things taking ages to cook set to 450 other probe is reading 350 right next to it :-(

Same problem here.. called traeger and there sending a RTD. I told them it’s the controller so when this RTD doesn’t Ewok they will send a controller.. I’m with dave1972. To me sesames like a software problem. I got the update software bit that hasn’t changed anything. So they can send me a new controller so I’ll have two. But they probably will both have the same software.

I’ll keep sending them emails. But if you want a response call. That what the tech advised.

Mine is sitting at the same temp points too. Supposedly have a new "temp kit" on the way. They won't call it a RTD probe. Unsure if I should return whole grill or let Traeger figure this out.

The firmware upgrade fixed my temp issues on my ironwood

Hello, we purchased the Pro 575 last week, followed all instructions for installation and seasoning and were anxious to try it, we wanted to follow specific Traeger recipes as we are new to pellet grilling. Saturday we did the 70 Minute Chicken Challenge and Sunday we did the Bloody Mary Flank Steak. We had a couple of sides for the chicken that were cooked at the same temp (375), we opened the grill a couple times, we thought the heat really dropped quickly and maybe we hadn't been quick enough adding the sides and kept the lid open too long. Anyway, the chicken took forever to cook, I mean forever, 2 1/2 hours! The skin never got crunchy but once it was done, the chicken was delicious, we used our own meat probe to determine when it was done, because something just didn't seem right and maybe us newbies didn't do something correct.
Yesterday was the flank steak with the grill set to (450), we followed all instructions to preheat and we were ready to try again, it was supposed to be cooked 7-10 minutes on each side and when we went to flip it, it didn't look ready to flip, bottom line, steak also took twice as long to cook then instructed. Once we got it to the proper cook temp of 135, it was again delicious but didn't have a sear/crunch.

Today we bought an Analog Instant Read Oven Thermometer and tested the display temps vs. thermometer, following all preheating instructions.

Now we know, I saw a few threads regarding this issue, anyone at customer service have an answer for those dealing with this same issue ?
I have the same problem with my

Now we know, I saw a few threads regarding this issue, anyon

I have the same problem with my 575 (Temp on picture in Celsius)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
I have the same problem with my

I have the same problem with my 575 Temp on picture in Celsius)
Have you updated the firmware to Version 01.01.01 Config 04.010? The update fixed issues at the low temperature range. My Pro 575 holds 225F really well.

I've had a 575 for a little over a week, firmware 01.01.01. Seeing similar to other posters - actual temperature is approximately 30% lower than unit's display temperature. High setting (450) only gets to approx. 350.

Same problem with my Pro 575. I've got the latest firmware but temp was off on avg 60 degrees and it would not get over about 350, I just returned it and bought a Rec Tec Stampede.

Latest Discussions

Back