Pro 575 Temperature Issues

Hey guys, any solutions to yalls problems? I just bought a 575 and I am experiencing the same issues. Hoping to see that this was fixed by traeger.

Make sure your grill is connected to WiFi so that your firmware gets updated. This was solved via a firmware update a few months back.

Make sure your grill is connected to WiFi so that your firmware gets updated. This was solved via a firmware update a few months back.

I do not have Wifi, but only a mobile hotspot. Does anyone connect via a mobile hotspot? I tried and it did not work. It also seems like the firmware update, although helpful, was not the ultimate fix to everyone's problems.

My last impression was that it fixed everyone up, but admittedly I ditched my Traeger in the midst of all those problems and went with a RecTec. So I haven't followed the thread all that closely since.

You actually do have Internet access through your mobile hotspot. And you would connect through it like any wifi hotspot. The only issue, is you have to use your phone or tablet to setup the traeger app and it has to be connected to the same device.

So if you have a tablet or phone, connect it to your hotspot device and use the traeger app to connect your traeger. That will get the firmware on. Until you have the firmware, you are going to have issues, as it was a firmware issue.

I do believe you can manually connect to your wireless hotspot from the display on the grill I have just never tried, as it was much easier to do from the phone.

Good luck,

You actually do have Internet access through your mobile hotspot. And you would connect through it like any wifi hotspot. The only issue, is you have to use your phone or tablet to setup the traeger app and it has to be connected to the same device.

So if you have a tablet or phone, connect it to your hotspot device and use the traeger app to connect your traeger. That will get the firmware on. Until you have the firmware, you are going to have issues, as it was a firmware issue.

I do believe you can manually connect to your wireless hotspot from the display on the grill I have just never tried, as it was much easier to do from the phone.

Good luck,

I have a work phone that I can use as a hotspot, and a personal to connect to the grill. I tried and after I scan the QR code and click through some prompts, it kicks me off the hotspot. If it is 100% possible to do this through a hotspot, I will keep troubleshooting. Just didnt want to waste my time if it wasn't even possible.

Good luck,

@Biffdotorg was your 575 having the same temp issues? Was the firmware update the final fix? Does your grill run and cook as it should? Sorry for all the questions!

I have a pro 780, and many of ours had the same issues. The firmware updates were the solution, and they have fixed it for most here. Note how many fewer issues we have seen come up here in the forums, except for those that have not been able to connect to the internet and update their firmware.

So yes, to get your grill to connect, your phone has to be connected to the hotspot that you want your grill to connect to.

Be sure you hotspot is setup as a 2.4Ghz access point, and not 5 (but that is the norm) and then launch the Traeger app to scan your QR code. Other folks had issue with this, as their phone was not on the same WiFi Ap, or using LTE. It has to be on the one you want the grill to connect to.

Once you do that, it it will operate the same as any other grill. And this is just to get that firmware updated. After that, it's not needed. But most of us like the ability to control our grills, and download programming and recipes.

Good luck,

I have a pro 780, and many of ours had the same issues. The firmware updates were the solution, and they have fixed it for most here. Note how many fewer issues we have seen come up here in the forums, except for those that have not been able to connect to the internet and update their firmware.

So yes, to get your grill to connect, your phone has to be connected to the hotspot that you want your grill to connect to.

Be sure you hotspot is setup as a 2.4Ghz access point, and not 5 (but that is the norm) and then launch the Traeger app to scan your QR code. Other folks had issue with this, as their phone was not on the same WiFi Ap, or using LTE. It has to be on the one you want the grill to connect to.

Once you do that, it it will operate the same as any other grill. And this is just to get that firmware updated. After that, it's not needed. But most of us like the ability to control our grills, and download programming and recipes.

Good luck,

Ok, 10-4. Good to hear that the firmware update seems to be the fix. I'll haul my grill to my friends if need be! haha. I can't begin to express my disappointment when the brisket turned out terrible so I hope to have this resolved soon. I'm supposed to have a tech available this afternoon to do some troubleshooting.

Firmware resolved all my issues as well. Very happy now with my 575, use it 3-5 times a week.

So after much back and forth with traeger reps and troubleshooting, I'll be returning my 575 for a previous model I think. As it turns out, you(or me in this case) can only use this grill if you have WiFi connected. Unfortunately, internet isn't readily available where I live and cost a lot monthly. Also, it has been confirmed that my mobile hotspot itself is not enough to connect to the grill. I would need a router(that costs more money) and a data plan to bring the bandwith(or speed, whichever) high enough to allow this connection. Since my traeger was bought with the older firmware, right out of the box it wasn't going to work correctly. I'm disappointed and feel like traeger needs to let people know that you absolutely must have WiFi available to use these new grills properly. Say I took my grill to my neighbors, updated it and everything is fine. Then 6 months later I have to haul it back for another update. Basically the tech said these updates are similar to phone updates and they are necessary once they are pushed out.

That's 100% false that these grills need WiFi to operate. I was under the impression the 575 and 780 have the same display up front. You can set timers, temp etc from the controls on the grill. If we want to do something quick on our Traeger, we 100% fire it up from the control on the grill, and set the temp etc.

And whomever told you a WiFi hotspot would not work, is wrong as well. That is assuming, you are not using your phone as the hotspot and said phone is the one you want to use the app on. If you are, then yes, you are doing it wrong. Use another device as a hotspot, or another device for the app.

Let's be real, if you have an actual hotspot, it's no different than a router, as that is exactly what it is. What is required, is that you take the phone/tablet that you have the Traeger app loaded on, and connect it to the same Internet source as what you want to run your Traeger on. That's all that is required.

But you if you have given up already, than I am sorry to hear you were misinformed. Did you happen to read the directions on how to operate the grill without WiFire? You will probably find out, it runs just like the old grill you are looking to buy.

Good luck either way.

That's 100% false that these grills need WiFi to operate. I was under the impression the 575 and 780 have the same display up front. You can set timers, temp etc from the controls on the grill. If we want to do something quick on our Traeger, we 100% fire it up from the control on the grill, and set the temp etc.

And whomever told you a WiFi hotspot would not work, is wrong as well. That is assuming, you are not using your phone as the hotspot and said phone is the one you want to use the app on. If you are, then yes, you are doing it wrong. Use another device as a hotspot, or another device for the app.

Let's be real, if you have an actual hotspot, it's no different than a router, as that is exactly what it is. What is required, is that you take the phone/tablet that you have the Traeger app loaded on, and connect it to the same Internet source as what you want to run your Traeger on. That's all that is required.

But you if you have given up already, than I am sorry to hear you were misinformed. Did you happen to read the directions on how to operate the grill without WiFire? You will probably find out, it runs just like the old grill you are looking to buy.

Good luck either way.
IIRC the grill needs to be connected to WIFI to update the firmware, which seems to be a known issue with the units.

Back