Pro 575 temp swings

Blaine

Reaction score
Grill
pro 585
so finally got a traeger grill super excited when I started smoking now 3 cooks in temp swings of 160 f......paid a lot of money for this grill now im super disappointed I think I made a horrible choice with this grill?? if I want to ruin good meat I would still cook on my old grill you put something on to smoke witch should take a couple hours is now done and over temp in an hour...

Last edited:
I just did pork belly burnt ends and my 575 held within 10 deg the whole time
I started with 165 deg for one hour then 225 the rest of the time

Mine has stayed within 10F for the last year. How about some more details so we can help you.

Mine has stayed within 10F for the last year. How about some more details so we can help you.
Not sure what else I can say it seems to hold temp at 300 and over great like with in 5 degrees
But if I set it at 200 degrees its all over the place

I just did pork belly burnt ends and my 575 held within 10 deg the whole time
I started with 165 deg for one hour then 225 the rest of the time
Man that would be nice mine won't stay at 165 goes up to 250 then drops to 120 then back to 200 then drops again so on and so in seen one swing from 120 to 350 when it was set at 200

Not sure what else I can say it seems to hold temp at 300 and over great like with in 5 degrees
But if I set it at 200 degrees its all over the place

On our PRO 780, we have found that low temps (170°-200°) tend to take longer to reach equilibrium in the barrel (upwards of 45m) versus higher temps, so the +/- is in the 15°-25° range versus the 5° range when selecting 230° and higher (15m or so to reach equilibrium) ...

On our PRO 780, we have found that low temps (170°-200°) tend to take longer to reach equilibrium in the barrel (upwards of 45m) versus higher temps, so the +/- is in the 15°-25° range versus the 5° range when selecting 230° and higher (15m or so to reach equilibrium) ...
Thanks for your help I will be contacting traeger on Monday about it also my fan is making a high pitch sound took the panel off by the fan and the sound stops lol

Latest Discussions

Back