Pro 575 rebooted mid-cook last night

sqlatspeed

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I was cooking burgers on my Traeger last night (4 minutes each side) so when I put them on I set the timer...for 4 hours. I immediately reset that, but fat-fingered it for 3 hours. I reset that time to 4 minutes and then clicked confirm. All the timer resets were done via the phone app. After the 3rd reset the timer on the grill display (I was standing a few feet away from it) counted down 2 seconds to 3:58 and then the display went dark and I had to actually power the controller back up from sleep mode.

These were basic burgers so a few degrees drop wasn't a huge deal, but if this was a long cook like a pork shoulder I'd have been hosed. I'm on the latest firmware/config update for the 575 that doesn't give it 500 degrees. Has anybody seen this? Did multiple timer sets just cause the controller to lose its mind?

Matt

I was cooking burgers on my Traeger last night (4 minutes each side) so when I put them on I set the timer...for 4 hours. I immediately reset that, but fat-fingered it for 3 hours. I reset that time to 4 minutes and then clicked confirm. All the timer resets were done via the phone app. After the 3rd reset the timer on the grill display (I was standing a few feet away from it) counted down 2 seconds to 3:58 and then the display went dark and I had to actually power the controller back up from sleep mode.

These were basic burgers so a few degrees drop wasn't a huge deal, but if this was a long cook like a pork shoulder I'd have been hosed. I'm on the latest firmware/config update for the 575 that doesn't give it 500 degrees. Has anybody seen this? Did multiple timer sets just cause the controller to lose its mind?

Matt

When the controller came back from sleep mode - did it require hitting the IGNITE button to start running again, or did it pick up where it had left off?

The only time I have had the WiFIRE Controller unexpectedly shutoff is one time when plugging the probe in mid-cook (I had not discharged any static electricity I had built up by touching the shelf before attempting to plug in the probe)

Yes, I had to reignite it because it was out for sure. It managed to maintain most of the temperature it had so the burgers came out fine...I just found it really odd.

Yes, I had to reignite it because it was out for sure. It managed to maintain most of the temperature it had so the burgers came out fine...I just found it really odd.

Hmmm ... I think you may have uncovered a BUG then in the Firmware ... that behavior sounds like an unintentional DoS (denial-of-service) attack, where the rapid succession of requests from the Traeger Cloud "took out" the WiFIRE Controller causing it to unexpectedly shutdown ... another example where Traeger needs to have an email address for customers to submit product suggestions and potential BUG reports versus requiring a call into Customer Service ...

Latest Discussions

Back