Pro 575 questions

JLR82

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
My pro 575 doesnt achieve proper temp, almost exactly 50 deg cooler than it should be. Have a temp probe coming from traeger to try.

Are these grills supposed to actually smoke? The only time mine does is during the ignite phase and the shutdown phase. My neighbor has a pitboss grill and it smokes like a chimney. Friend of mine has an older traeger with the smoke setting on the dial and it also smokes like a chimney.

Wish I wouldve bought a more basic unit at this point, the "Cadillac" has been anything but.

Thanks
Josh

My Pro 575 smokes great at 180F - 225F. This is the smoke temp range. At higher temperatures, the grill works more like a wood fired oven.

My Pro 575 smokes great at 180F - 225F. This is the smoke temp range. At higher temperatures, the grill works more like a wood fired oven.

Ok thanks. Everything I've made has called for a temp of 250, I'll try something lower.

Does yours control the temp properly? For mine to be at 250 the temp has to be set at 305. Funny that I have to use an $8 thermometer to be able to use my $1200 grill, lol.

Mine is close. When I set it to 200F, it holds about 190F or so. Make sure you update to the latest firmware. Apparent they are pushing out a new update very shortly which fixes the temp gaps.

Mine is close. When I set it to 200F, it holds about 190F or so. Make sure you update to the latest firmware. Apparent they are pushing out a new update very shortly which fixes the temp gaps.

How will one go about updating? Over wifi?

Haven't even connected mine yet.

Sorry for all the questions ?

Connect to wifi to make sure your firmware is up to date. Very important as they corrected issues in the last update.

Connect to wifi to make sure your firmware is up to date. Very important as they corrected issues in the last update.

Will do and report back. Funny no one at traeger mentioned this to me.

Thanks for your help

Will do and report back. Funny no one at traeger mentioned this to me.

Thanks for your help

I've got it connected.

I'm not being prompted to update and when I hit the firmware button it just tells me which version I have.

Now it says v01.01.01

Does it auto update without telling you?
Updates automatically. 01.01.01 is the latest. There are rumours that 01.01.02 will be pushed out soon.

Version 02 seems to have remedied the temp problems.

I also have the 575...I have an older recipe that says set the grill on high. What is the equivalent on the D2 controller?

What are you cooking? I would say high would be 375 to 450 ish

Latest Discussions

Back