PRO 575 poor wifi connection

rlaverda

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I need to buy a wifi extender in order to get the new firmware upgrade. Which one have y'all had success with? Also, does this firmware upgrade fix the inaccurate temperature readings on the controller screen? Thanks.

I can probably get back to you tonight on this, if you read the thread below this, I had the same issues, I ended up pulling the thing into my office from outside to get the update, had nothing but issues for the longest time trying to get the app to work with the grill, and after like the 8th time of trying to connect and getting stuck on that screen my grill just started to update all on its own randomly! I’m gonna smoke a tri tip after work to verify things are working right. I just checked my app and my grill is still sleeping so the apps working correctly! Stick with it, I got a google home set up coming Tuesday, to spread the WiFi closer to the front of the house where I got my grill located.

I use Google WiFi Mesh to reach well into my backyard. This was necessary because my house is brick and it's a signal killer. Once doing this, my connections have been rock solid. Added bonus, internet is readily available on any device in the backyard!

I use Google WiFi Mesh to reach well into my backyard. This was necessary because my house is brick and it's a signal killer. Once doing this, my connections have been rock solid. Added bonus, internet is readily available on any device in the backyard!
Nice! Can’t wait for mine to get here!

I can probably get back to you tonight on this, if you read the thread below this, I had the same issues, I ended up pulling the thing into my office from outside to get the update, had nothing but issues for the longest time trying to get the app to work with the grill, and after like the 8th time of trying to connect and getting stuck on that screen my grill just started to update all on its own randomly! I’m gonna smoke a tri tip after work to verify things are working right. I just checked my app and my grill is still sleeping so the apps working correctly! Stick with it, I got a google home set up coming Tuesday, to spread the WiFi closer to the front of the house where I got my grill located.

I bought a Linksys Wifi extender today and I now have a good wifi connection to my grill. I have left the grill on to see if I get a firmware update today. Thanks for your reply!

I don't think Traeger is going to ever get it fixed. I have had my pro575 for over a year and the wifire has only worked for a short while. My controler has been replaced once and the RTD sensor twice. Just about ready to purcase a Green Mountain grill.

I don't think Traeger is going to ever get it fixed. I have had my pro575 for over a year and the wifire has only worked for a short while. My controler has been replaced once and the RTD sensor twice. Just about ready to purcase a Green Mountain grill.
well that isn't acceptable. They advertise the wifi component, charge everyone for it and need to make it work. Of course, I called them this morning and they haven't called me back...

Ok so as of right this second I’m good to go. Last night I wheeled this thing into my office where the router is, and after having the same connectivity issues even inside, the grill randomly started updating, twice after the app being stuck on the connecting screen. My 575 pro now gets to 500 degrees, temp swings are 5-10 degrees and the probe is working after calibrating a couple times in the ice bath (gotta swirl it to get it to read about 32-33). App works as well after a couple uninstalls last night. Just got back from the dog park while monitoring the tri tip going right now and almost on time, been about an hour and my IT is 111/130 before the reverse sear.

stick with it my dudes, if you saw my thread about the same issues I was infuriated, it it’s definitely worth it!

for those with wifi connecting issues, this may help. purchased Pro780 over the weekend, fired it up today. Spend countless hours trying to connect to the Wifire feature. Followed all the steps, downloaded Traeger App, registered the 780, connected to my home wifi, 2.0, followed the prompts to scan the bar code..went to cook something and received notification that I did not have a grill assigned. I uninstalled the app, downloaded again, went to my 780 and on the main screen (this is step 1 that is important) and scrolled to "forget network", pressed on the dial to clear the network. Went back to my smart phone, followed the same prompts as before, however, instead of scanning the bar code, I entered that I did not have a bar code. The 780 now asks for a series of codes, which I found by scrolling on the 780 menu to WiFi information, pressed the dial, and all the codes are now visible on the screen. I entered the codes, PERFECTION! Hope that helps

Back