Pro 575 Owners

PapaRoe9

Reaction score
I have been on, and back off, the fence for months on getting a Traeger. I am a stick guy using a Kamado Joe. However, I’m tired of babysitting it. I have done quite a bit of research over the months, and I have narrowed my selection down to the Pro 575 with the D2 controller.

My question is so those of you who own a 570 regret not having a larger capacity? I normally do not smoke for large groups so I’m thinking that when I do then I could use both the 570 & the Kamado.

I own an ironwood 650 so I do not have much more room than the pro 575, but I have never really ran out of room in the grill. If anything it’s been convenient to have more than 1 smoker for cooking multiple items at different temperatures

I can give you the thoughts of a 780 owner...

I was given the 780 for Christmas and I thought it would be way too big because I mostly cook for just me and my wife; however I really like the size now because I can easily throw on a side or two (I.e. a pan of roasted potatoes along side a few steaks).

If I had the smaller grill would I miss that? Honestly, probably not a great deal but it’s nice to have when I need or want it.

I have a pro 575 and love the size, I only ran out of space once and that was when I smoked some salmons... but there was a LOT packed in there.

I would say go for the 575... I would have gotten the ironwood but couldn’t justify the cost and if my memory serves me correctly the Pro 780 and cheapest ironwood are not far off each other. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 49F66718-D4DD-453F-9DA5-64407999B10A.jpeg
    49F66718-D4DD-453F-9DA5-64407999B10A.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 23
  • EAF9C31A-7BFF-49C0-9FE3-3A563B1588EA.jpeg
    EAF9C31A-7BFF-49C0-9FE3-3A563B1588EA.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 23
My 575 is ok for the size of meat I cook. I can easily do a large brisket. The other day I did 3 chickens and could have fitted 2 more in. Have never used the top shelf to cook.
Big MUST HAVE: Fireboard 2 probe set. The cooking changed for me the day I started using the Fireboard. The Traeger probes are not accurate and the pit temp was out by 20F.

No. It was to small so i bought a 780! 😆

I love my 575. I would say you gotta figure out the balance between size and features you need.... For me and my family's cooking needs - the 575 was perfect. More size is more cooking but also more pellets used and more heat loss when you open the lid (non scientific guess there)

Hi guys I want a 575 but my friend said get a gorilla grill smoker anyone agree with that? I want to stick with traeger.

Hi guys I want a 575 but my friend said get a gorilla grill smoker anyone agree with that? I want to stick with traeger.
a Selling point for me to go with Traeger was the community and the app, people with a Traeger are a passionate group and they have so many extra resources

ok would you get the pro from homedepot or direct from traeger?

HomeDepot, you can take it back in person no questions asked.... Traeger hires a 3rd party company that picks up your old one first, takes them weeks, then send the new one, takes weeks...

I did HomeDepot but took it back cuz it showed up DAMAGED, they didn't have anymore in stock so I bought from ABT free delivery and $50 off if you put it on their card... the one I got was "fresh" (just shipped to them from Traeger) and I have no regrets

I originally was going to go with the Pit Boas Pro 1100, but a lot of owners have complained about the new controller and the WiFi app. Pit Boss recognizes the problem, but you have to remove the controller and ship it back to them, they pay for the return. However, with the new flash some still have a problem. Many other owners have no problems, but I didn’t want to take the chance.
I ordered my 575 from the BX, free shipping and no tax, plus $50 off the price. I also ordered the cover ($10 off). I didn’t want to spend that much money, but wanted a grill that I know has a good reputation.

Last edited:
Back