Pro 575- Not updating

DrewL

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Purchased my Pro 575 3 weeks ago, it's AWESOME!
it only goes to 450 and a friend of mine got the same grill last week and his goes up to 500.
My Firmware and Config versions are- Firmware: V 02.00.01 Config: V 04.012
Buddy with the same grill Firmware and Config versions are- Firmware: V 02.00.01 Config: V 04.015
I understand there has been an update to allow the pro models to reach 500 but I cannot get the Wifire to update.
I have done the reset, deleting the APP reloading the APP. Left in on IDLE for almost a week now and nothing.
I've called customer service 3 times and no help. I am connected to the WiFi and my phone.
Anyone else dealing with this issue?
any help would be great.
Thank you!

it only goes to 450 and a friend of mine got the same grill last week and his goes up to 500.
Buddy with the same grill Firmware and Config versions are- Firmware: V 02.00.01 Config: V 04.015
I understand there has been an update to allow the pro models to reach 500 but I cannot get the Wifire to update.
I have done the reset, deleting the APP reloading the APP. Left in on IDLE for almost a week now and nothing.
I've called customer service 3 times and no help. I am connected to the WiFi and my phone.
any help would be great.
Thank you!
Same here. Contacted Treager they had no idea when the would have the update availble. said engineers were working on it. ??????

any help would be great.
Thank you!
Yeah think there is a few in the same boat. I’ve had mine for 3-4 weeks and no update yet. I’m just waiting it out

The May Update release (available 05/19-05/27) was put "on hold" due to a subset of WiFIRE Controllers unexpectedly shutting down ... Once Traeger has a programmatic "fix" ready, the Traeger Cloud back-end will start PUSHing down the updates to all registered Grill UUIDs ... The WiFIRE Status Page (https://www.traegergrills.com/status) has the pertinent information relative to Firmware & Config Version information ... the Config Version is where features are added / updated (this includes temp setting up to 500 degrees) ... if your WiFIRE Controller is at the current Config Version for your grill model, or -.001 from the current, you should be able to select 500 degrees ...

Firmware is 02.00.01 and unable to select 500. I’ll have to be patient. Can’t complain too much, grill still works. Thanks for the information thought I might be the only one dealing with this.

New pro 575 owner here and I’m glad I’m not the only one having Wi-Fire issues. Customer support didn’t help. The dude had a thick accent and I couldn’t understand him at all. I hate companies that use call centers in India. He said to leave the power on for 8 hrs and it would update- that never happened. Weird part is I was connected during the set up but now it won’t connect at all. I’ve reset it numerous times, deleted app numerous times. I also have no option to “forget” network. Does anyone know how to reset to factory settings so I can start over? This is extremely frustrating. I should’ve bought a Rec Tec like my bro...

Super frustrating.
As far as forgetting network should be through the WiFi settings on the grill.
Also we repairing your grill to your app try Manually doing it rather than the QR. had quicker success for me.
Here’s how I factory reset my 575:
  1. Factory reset (on grill go to menu -> settings -> about the grill, then hold ignite button until Traeger logo appears)
  2. Then check and make sure it is not still attached to your WiFI and if so, forget WiFi (which will be under settings -> WiFi information)
  3. Power grill off and on.
  4. Delete grill in the App.

Firmware is 02.00.01 and unable to select 500. I’ll have to be patient. Can’t complain too much, grill still works. Thanks for the information thought I might be the only one dealing with this.

Config Version is where features are added / updated for a specific Grill Model ... for the PRO 575, you have to be running 04.015 or later (04.016 is the current version), to be able to select 500 degrees ... people have reported 04.015 installed on 02.00.01 (and later versions) and had the ability to select 500 degrees ...

Super frustrating.
As far as forgetting network should be through the WiFi settings on the grill.
Also we repairing your grill to your app try Manually doing it rather than the QR. had quicker success for me.
Here’s how I factory reset my 575:
  1. Factory reset (on grill go to menu -> settings -> about the grill, then hold ignite button until Traeger logo appears)
  2. Then check and make sure it is not still attached to your WiFI and if so, forget WiFi (which will be under settings -> WiFi information)
  3. Power grill off and on.
  4. Delete grill in the App.
Thx but my grill doesn’t have a “forget Wi-Fi” option.

Thx but my grill doesn’t have a “forget Wi-Fi” option.

If the Forget Network option is not listed in the Wi-Fi Information sub-menu, the WiFIRE Controller is not connected to a Wi-Fi Network ... which means you are probably seeing the upside down triangle outline in the upper right hand corner of the display showing a disconnected state ... pics attached for reference ...

Attachments

• Traeger | Wi-Fi INFORMATION (Forget Network option).JPG
    Traeger | Wi-Fi INFORMATION (Forget Network option).JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Traeger | WiFIRE "Disconnected" State.JPG
    Traeger | WiFIRE "Disconnected" State.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 64
If the Forget Network option is not listed in the Wi-Fi Information sub-menu, the WiFIRE Controller is not connected to a Wi-Fi Network ... which means you are probably seeing the upside down triangle outline in the upper right hand corner of the display showing a disconnected state ... pics attached for reference ...
Yes I do have the upside down triangle which means it’s not connected. I tried again just now. Reset the grill, reinstalled the app, add a grill- then this is where the fun starts. My phone is connected to my home router on the 2.4 channel. (It’s 10 feet away) the app finds it, I scan the QR code, it says it’s connected to the grill. Then my phone asks me if Traeger can join - I click join, then it says unable to find network. I can actually see the grill on my Wi-Fi list but not sure how this works.

Attachments

• BCB36423-F985-40EC-930C-EFAAE02B9AC1.png
    BCB36423-F985-40EC-930C-EFAAE02B9AC1.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 7A0EFF21-4A6E-4822-8668-F3F931C822C2.png
    7A0EFF21-4A6E-4822-8668-F3F931C822C2.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 55
  • F2449CAC-97EE-472C-93B8-7D26CD6D380E.png
    F2449CAC-97EE-472C-93B8-7D26CD6D380E.png
    227.9 KB · Views: 57
  • D8B6F071-892F-4AE0-A998-A565B6F219A0.jpeg
    D8B6F071-892F-4AE0-A998-A565B6F219A0.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 55
What App Device (iOS or Android) are you using for the setup? Your 2nd & 3rd screenshots above show the App Device only connected to the Cellular Network (the Wi-Fi symbol is not displayed) ... have you tried the Airplane Mode Workaround?

iPhone - I noticed what happens when I click join network, my phone jumps back into cellular data and then when the next screen comes up to tell me that it’s not connected, my phone jumps back to Wi-Fi. I have not heard of the airplane mode workaround.

iPhone - I noticed what happens when I click join network, my phone jumps back into cellular data and then when the next screen comes up to tell me that it’s not connected, my phone jumps back to Wi-Fi. I have not heard of the airplane mode workaround.

Failed / Hung Setup of WiFIRE | Airplane Mode Workaround

ISSUE: Multiple people have reported that the initial setup of WiFIRE will fail/hang before completion ... this is due to the App device defaulting back to the "preferred" 5GHz Wireless Network after handing off the necessary 2.4GHz Wireless Network information to the Grill (Network Name (SSID), Encryption Type, Password). The App Device MUST reconnect back to the 2.4GHz Home Wireless Network in order for the setup process to successfully complete.

WORKAROUND: The best way to eliminate the failed/hung setup state for WiFIRE is to first put your App Device into Airplane Mode, then manually turn Wi-Fi back on, then "forget" the 5GHz Wi-Fi network, then connect to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and start the setup process from the beginning ... this eliminates any potential issues with regards to the App Device reconnecting back to the wrong (i.e. 5GHz) Home Wi-Fi Network during the setup process ... once the setup process has successfully completed, you can take the App Device out of Airplane Mode, and reconnect to the 5GHz Wireless network on your App Device (if desired) ...

The above post assumes that you have separated the 2.4GHz & 5GHz Wi-Fi Network Names (SSID) - see the following:

First step in troubleshooting issues with WiFIRE: One thing to verify on your end is the need to use separate network names (SSIDs) for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wireless frequencies - depending on what WiFi Router/Access Point you use, as well as what mobile device you are using to run the app on, it may be a requirement ... when the network names are the same, and if your mobile device supports 5GHz, the mobile device will by default attach to the 5GHz frequency, while the Grill is connected on the 2.4GHz frequency, resulting in no connection between the App and the Grill ... giving one of the wireless network frequencies a different name allows you to "force" the mobile device to attach to the 2.4GHz network and successfully connect ...

I call my IOT-based device Wireless Networks...
idIOT
idIOT 5GHz
...to support this specific scenario

Additional troubleshooting scenarios and information listed here:
https://www.traegergrills.com/support/wifire-controllers
https://www.traegergrills.com/support/wifire-troubleshooting

WiFIRE Troubleshooting Wizard: http://wizard.web.traegergrills.io/wifire/welcome

Back