Pro 575 Not Achieving Temperatures

Yes that's great service I would say! Hope it all works out for you. Did you call Treager Canada here in Ontario?

Yes that's great service I would say! Hope it all works out for you. Did you call Treager Canada here in Ontario?
No, I phoned the one in the states. He said it didn’t matter I was in Canada. Perhaps the part will take a little longer? He was quite helpful and more than happy to help. The remote diagnostic thing was pretty cool.

I just bought a Pro 575 today from Home Depot...already assembled. I struggled with the seasoning a bit. It takes over 10 minutes to ignite and after 45 minutes, the highest temperature I hit was about 430. I call customer service (very nice) and they said that there’s a 25 degrees possible variance in what the display reads but that I was in the “high temp” zone and was fine. I haven’t yet tested the actual temp with my Maverick probe but plan to.

What’s the typical “ignite” time and preheat time that people are experiencing? I’m trying to manage my expectations. Seems like a long time for when I just want to throw a simple burger on the grill. Might need to keep my propane grill for that?

I just bought a Pro 575 today from Home Depot...already assembled. I struggled with the seasoning a bit. It takes over 10 minutes to ignite and after 45 minutes, the highest temperature I hit was about 430. I call customer service (very nice) and they said that there’s a 25 degrees possible variance in what the display reads but that I was in the “high temp” zone and was fine. I haven’t yet tested the actual temp with my Maverick probe but plan to.

What’s the typical “ignite” time and preheat time that people are experiencing? I’m trying to manage my expectations. Seems like a long time for when I just want to throw a simple burger on the grill. Might need to keep my propane grill for that?
Also my firmware is 01.01.04.

Also my firmware is 01.01.04.
First time igniting takes a bit longer. I would say it typically takes 10-15 min to ignite and rise to 450F. Temperatures do tend to swing a bit but try to resist opening the grill to peek until it reaches the set point. This grill really shines on slower/longer cook times at lower temps.

Got the new RTD probe today. (See my original posts a few posts up, for the faulty probe that needed replacing.) Installed it pretty quick...even though they did not include instructions. Fired the grill up. It heated up to 450 in about 20 minutes and stayed within 4-5 degrees for over the hour I used it. Success! It’s very close to my 3rd-party probe, too. Hopefully it keeps going like this. I’m very pleased and relieved!

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about all of the issues and problems. That would have been enough to drive me straight to a different brand especially after not getting any help from Traeger. I've been lucky and haven't had any issues since I got mine a few weeks ago.

A couple of questions for you. Did you setup the grill on wifi? I'm wondering if there are any updates for your controller? What version of firmware does the controller show? What pellets are you using? What's the outside temp?

I purchased the Pro 575 a few months back and have been having the same temperature problems. I’ve been on with support multiple times but I’m still havering issues. They just sent me a new temperature probe that I am trying to install. I have to ask the same question - is the temp issue only on the Pro series? If I return this grill and get an Iron wood is the problem resolved?

I purchased the Pro 575 a few months back and have been having the same temperature problems. I’ve been on with support multiple times but I’m still havering issues. They just sent me a new temperature probe that I am trying to install. I have to ask the same question - is the temp issue only on the Pro series? If I return this grill and get an Iron wood is the problem resolved?
With my pro 575, once I updated firmware and switched out a faulty probe, it has worked flawlessly. Ask the tech operator to do a remote test. It’s pretty cool. So long as you have a wifi connection to grill, you should be golden for your test. My grill has been a beast at maintaining and getting to temperatures since the updates. Good luck!

With my pro 575, once I updated firmware and switched out a faulty probe, it has worked flawlessly. Ask the tech operator to do a remote test. It’s pretty cool. So long as you have a wifi connection to grill, you should be golden for your test. My grill has been a beast at maintaining and getting to temperatures since the updates. Good luck!

I’m on ver 01.01.02 of the firmware. What version on you on after the upgrade? I have the grill on WiFi. Im surprised that support hasn’t asked about the firmware and to connect to the grill remotely. Thanks for the help.

I’m on ver 01.01.02 of the firmware. What version on you on after the upgrade? I have the grill on WiFi. Im surprised that support hasn’t asked about the firmware and to connect to the grill remotely. Thanks for the help.
Same firmware as me. But yeah, ask to do the remote test. They can actually look back on a log of all your cooks and see how it maintained it’s temps.

Hi folks, new to the forum, new to smoker grilling. Been cooking for a long time though. I picked up a Pro 575 in June and am just now figuring out that the digital temp setting reads about 20* higher than the actual temp inside the grill. My cook times were substantially longer than prescribed but when finished the meat was good. I picked up a Fireboard WIFI temp probe and have been figuring things out with its help. So far Traeger has been good, I emailed them, they got back to me and are going to send me out a new thermocoupler and I'll see if that solves the issue. If it doesn't it's not the end of the world because both the Fireboard and the grill are WIFI connected and I can monitor and adjust them from most anywhere in the world. I will say that other than the prolonged cook times my pork roasts and ribs were very good. Now I'll be able to compare it with the higher cooking temps and will see which I prefer. If I like the lower temp results better I'll stick with them.

I have a ironwood 650 being delivered on Wednesday.
Is this temp problem limited to the pro 575, or all WiFire units?
Should I be concerned ? I just went through a week on the phone trying to get satisfaction on a new washer I just purchased that was faulty. I surely don’t want to go through that again.
I’d just as soon not except delivery.
Hopefully there’s no problem, I’ve heard and read nothing but positive reviews on Traeger grills, and so want to be able to cook out this summer and enjoy the smoker. . I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
Howdy, just wondering if you finally ended up getting your Ironwood? If so, did you encounter the problems? I bought the Pro 575 and on my first cook, I noticed there was a slight discrepancy (10-15 degrees) between the Trager internal thermometer and the ThermaQ I use for other applications (ThermaQ is certified calibrated so I know it is spot on). The provided extra probe was wildly off more than 100 Degrees. I will have to recalibrate that extra probe, but not sure if there is a way to calibrate the ambient probe. Your thoughts and experience?

My Pro 575 is dead on at any temperature right now. I also tested the meat probe and once I calibrated it (was off by a few degrees), it was also bang on with Thermapen MK4.

If you are having any kind of issue at this point, you need to make sure you are connected to wifi and have the latest firmware. Traeger fixed all the issues a while ago.

Jordan

My brand new (and latest FW) Pro 575 reads 25º higher than actual. Contacted CS and they said they are sending me a new thermocouple.

Back