Pro 575 Not Achieving Temperatures

A few days ago I received an email from Traeger that 'Your order has shipped'. I had not placed an order.
Arrived today, a new RTD probe.
I had exchanged a couple of emails about the temperature issue with support some time ago and ended with a frustrated reply along the lines of I'm done emailing for no help reckon I'll need to spend a few hours on the phone. Never did call as I was busy but checking in here to see if a solution was found. Looks like eventually someone followed up.
In any case, very happy to have the new probe, along with the new firmware. Maybe next weekend I'll be able to get it installed.
Thanks Traeger!
Ha, they did the same for me but they didn't know that I had returned my 575 to HD a couple of weeks before. Anyone need a replacement RTD for their 575?

I was all set to pull the trigger on a 575 from Cabelas, until I ran into this thread. I've been making and smoking my own sausage, bacon, and hams for over twenty years on a PS Seasonings P-100 electric smoker. The P-100 has a temp range of 60 to 250º, I've done quite a few butts and briskets at 225º with pretty fair success. I was thinking the 575 would be great for butts, brisket, and ribs and then be able to double up on steaks and burgers, which I usually sear on a Weber kettle after sous vide (steaks only). I can't for the life of me see why a grill/smoker would need a software update to function properly, I don't even use a smartphone. I guess I'll wait a bit to see if all these bugs get worked, or start looking around for a different alternative. It would seem to me a offset smoker without all the wifi stuff would be far less expensive and a lot less disappointing. RAY

I was all set to pull the trigger on a 575 from Cabelas, until I ran into this thread. I've been making and smoking my own sausage, bacon, and hams for over twenty years on a PS Seasonings P-100 electric smoker. The P-100 has a temp range of 60 to 250º, I've done quite a few butts and briskets at 225º with pretty fair success. I was thinking the 575 would be great for butts, brisket, and ribs and then be able to double up on steaks and burgers, which I usually sear on a Weber kettle after sous vide (steaks only). I can't for the life of me see why a grill/smoker would need a software update to function properly, I don't even use a smartphone. I guess I'll wait a bit to see if all these bugs get worked, or start looking around for a different alternative. It would seem to me a offset smoker without all the wifi stuff would be far less expensive and a lot less disappointing. RAY
The bugs have been sorted out. My Pro 575 works great!

After the update, my temps hold very steady but are still reading low with an external thermometer. It was just a low temp cook at 225 so I just adjusted it accordingly. I haven’t tried it at the higher temps yet.

Are you guys with the new update able to reach anywhere remotely close to 450?

My results have been extremely close. Within a degree or 2 at low temps and within 4-5 at the upper range. Had some mixed results at first but was based on the position I had the other external probe to compare against the grills temp.

After all the hemming and hawing I guess I'll just order the 575 and see how things go. I've decided to join the 21st century and get a I-phone early next week, I'm sure that will present it's own new series of challenges. Does anyone know if Traeger makes a cover for the 575? RAY

After all the hemming and hawing I guess I'll just order the 575 and see how things go. I've decided to join the 21st century and get a I-phone early next week, I'm sure that will present it's own new series of challenges. Does anyone know if Traeger makes a cover for the 575? RAY
They sell a custom fit cover for it. Can likely grab it where you get the grill or definitely from the Traeger site. I have one and like it.

They sell a custom fit cover for it. Can likely grab it where you get the grill or definitely from the Traeger site. I have one and like it.

I can't speak directly for the 575 cover from Traeger, however I have the Traeger cover for my 650 and it is built well, heavy duty and doesn't seem to leak water through. I'm very happy with it.

I have the Pro 575 cover and it’s great. Works with the extra shelf too.

Thanks for that, I see they have the cover on the Traeger site for $60, I get one there. I have enough Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop points that the 575 won't cost me a dime. I charge everything on one credit card or the other, pay off the balance every month, get a LOT of free shopping. RAY

My Pro 575 updated to the new version automatically and I must say I’ve noticed better temperature control and accuracy.

When you get your grill I highly suggest checking the firmware version and updating it if need be before you even do the initial burn in process.

Congrats on your purchase, you will love it

I got scared off by all the firmware problems, and the fact that I needed a electrical outlet to cook on a Traeger. Ended up buying a Meadow Creek SQ36, no electric or pellets needed, just good old charcoal and wood. I believe this this will work for me! RAY

My 575 seems perfect on the high temps, 300 to 450 its bang on the proper temps. today I'm using it at 180 and it only seems to get to around 155. Anyone else experience this for the lower temps?
the update has been done. I'm totally new to this.

My software is updated to 01.01.04 and I’ve been having the reverse problem with temps. The highest my 575 gets to is about 375 on the screen. But it’s burning hot, and all my other thermometers read high 400’s and even hit 500...and food cooks FAR faster than what the recipe suggests, and comes out dry. It has to be a probe problem. I’ve noticed my probe is hollowed inside. See picture. From other probe pictures on here, my 575 probe is different. Will call the store today and see what they say. Regardless, I seem to be the only one with much higher temps than what’s displayed.

Spoke the Traeger this morning. They were super cool. The phone operator was able to connect remotely to my grill and run a diagnostic. The thermo sensor came up with multiple errors. He was even able to go back in my cook history and see how the temperatures were maintaining. Not very well at all, in my case. New thermo sensor being sent out today. 100% customer service, in my opinion.

I have the 01.01.04 new update, by the way, as mentioned.

Latest Discussions

Back