Pro 575 no smoke

Bobbysogood

Reaction score
Grill
Please. Add an upgrade for a super smoke on the 575. There is no heavy smoke flavor. I regret going with the traeger because of this. The blue smoke is not the same. By any means. The flavor of smoke is not rhere please add a smoke setting I beg you.

My New Traeger Does Not Put Out The Smoke I Was Expecting!!
Traeger is not a charcoal stick burner, it is a pellet wood oven/smoker

https://www.traegergrills.com/support/not-enough-smoke
A lot of people, when they think of a smoker, think of a grill billowing thick white smoke. This is not the type of smoke we want to produce.

Traeger Wood Pellet Grills produce a superior thin blue smoke that provides a cleaner, smoker flavor. Often, the smoke is so thin it only appears as heat waves coming off the grill. However, it is there. You will be able to see the smoke rings on your meat and taste the difference.

• One suggestion is to start your cooks with low smoking temps (180°-200°) for the first hour or so then cook your meat at regular temp. Traegers put out more visible smoke at lower temps.
  • You can always buy a $20 smoking tube and add more smoke to your cooks that way... THEY WORK!!! ► Search Amazon
  • Some have added a Smoke Generator like Smokin-it Bella
  • Animated Gif Arrows (116).gif

PLEASE NOTE: In OLD smokers, (stick and charcoal) more charcoal than wood is used, most of us that smoked before Traegers used charcoal instead of 'all wood'... the SMOKE FLAVOR most guys talk about "missing" in a Traeger is the CHARCOAL smoke, not WOOD smoke. The charcoal smell and smoke will NEVER be there on a Traeger, I suggest this is what MOST new Traeger users are missing when they talk about "NOT AS MUCH SMOKE."
Then there is also just a matter of taste and what you like your meat to taste like:
Timmmer said:
Certainly regulating temps in the smoker and the meat itself greatly impacts the outcome and perception of it tasting "good."

I wonder if your success, or lack there of, is a matter of taste? Many love the taste of smoke, some do not. There is a restaurant near me that gets rave reviews. They have a huge smoker outside where they smoke EVERYTHING, including sides. For me it all tastes like licking a fire poker and I can't tell any difference in taste from their chicken to their beef to their green beans.

At risk of being banished from the Traeger community, I will tell you I do not like much smoky flavor, and neither does my wife. For this reason I never had any interest in a smoker until we had a brisket made by a friend. It was the best meat I've ever had in my life. I was instantly sold. I'm about a year in and we have really had some great food. We have intentionally used pellet mixes that are mild and avoided swings in temperature that might produce more smoke with the meat. As far as meat, we've enjoyed large briskets, pork butts, and ribs. They are fantastic. We have done potroast, beer can chicken, and spotchuck chicken a few times each and it was ok. Truth be told I'd rather have had the chicken on the grill and the roast in the oven. As far as steak, I'm sure I'll try it eventually, but to date I just haven't been able to bring myself to put one on my smoker.

Please. Add an upgrade for a super smoke on the 575. There is no heavy smoke flavor. I regret going with the traeger because of this. The blue smoke is not the same. By any means. The flavor of smoke is not rhere please add a smoke setting I beg you.
Hey Bobby, don't despair!! Like you, I have the 575 and I LOVE it. I use two - 6 sided tubes ($11 ea on Amazon). Doesn't matter what type pellet or what brand pellet I use, I have never had a problem. I cold smoke all the time........ currently, as I write this, I have 19 lbs of Butt in my Traeger, after a 7 day cure, I am cold smoking it. I have more smoke than you can imagine. See two photos attached. I use a propane torch to lite them. When I opened my grill to take the photo, I had to blow the smoke away so you could see the tubes....it was that thick! You need to apply the torch for more than 10 seconds to get it burning and flaming. Let it have some free time to burn at bit in the open air before you close the lid!

Attachments

• IMG_0623.jpeg
    IMG_0623.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 177
Back